Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

I am honestly here to learn, so here it goes.. (honda question)

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  97 DelSol SI 
#1 ·
Okay, i know my engine (d16y7) is pretty shitty. Yes, I KNOW.

Now what i want to know, is there ANY way to honestly make this engine a bit faster? or should i just love it until it dies?

An engine swap one day isn't out of the question nore is turbo.

As far as engine swap, what do you think is the best bang for your so called buck? i'm talking low prices and higher prices. Best lower priced engine or best higher priced engine?

call me crazy, but i'm just looking to make my little honda more fun and faster, and I'm just not 100% sure on what to do.

#2 ·
If I were in your shoes:

Z6 bottom end, FJ Distributors Vitara Pistons and Rods, Bisi cam and valvetrain in a Z6 head
Precision Turbo, like a sc34, spa cast manifold, RDX injectors, and hondata or neptune
Y8 transmission

Should be good for about 300 hp reliable for under 2500 bucks.

#4 ·
Fun and reliable and cheap.

ARP headstuds
z6/y8 manifold swap (whatevers handy)
late model na FC injectors (450s? saturated)
255 walbro
ebay cast manifold
ebay wastegate
ebay intercooler + random piping
used name brand bov
t3/t4 50 trim .48/.63
chipped ecu + tune from a local

@10psi or so you you be in the 200hp range and you can easily do it for a grand or so if you take your time and do things yourself. It will make for a fun car and the mpg are still pretty good.

I had a d15b with fjt rods/vitaras and with the 50 trim it was a ton of fun. It needed an lsd badly lol.

#15 ·
Fun and reliable and cheap.

ARP headstuds
z6/y8 manifold swap (whatevers handy)
late model na FC injectors (450s? saturated)
255 walbro
ebay cast manifold
ebay wastegate
ebay intercooler + random piping
used name brand bov
t3/t4 50 trim .48/.63
chipped ecu + tune from a local

@10psi or so you you be in the 200hp range and you can easily do it for a grand or so if you take your time and do things yourself. It will make for a fun car and the mpg are still pretty good.

I had a d15b with fjt rods/vitaras and with the 50 trim it was a ton of fun. It needed an lsd badly lol.
What is the difference with these two?

#6 ·
JE pistons
Eagle rods
ARP everything
Comp cam
Comp springs/retainers
Performer X manifold
cast log manifold
Ebay 3582R
FMIC
Ebay WG/BOV
FIC 1000's
2 Walbro pumps
Xenoncrom chip kit and free software
AEM wideband

$1954.00 and 380 wheel. More if you want to turn it up.

#7 ·
Jon let me fix this for you

sell your 4 door and just buy Jon’s coup probably come out better in the long run especially sense he's willing to well and deal at the moment

#20 ·
Or you can buy my swap so I can go j series. I have a built b16a. I want 3500you for full swap. Its in a 9292 hatch and everything is included.
B16a, je pistons, eagle rods, block guard, s2 valves, springs, retainers, type r intake, hondata intake gasket, arp head studs, competition clutch set stage 4, and fly wheel, full turbo kit, hondata s300, 1100cc injectors. Motor made 323a at the wheels when I got it. I pulled it and put in the nee clutch setup as well as the s2 valves and freshened up the bottom end with new bearings and rings. Its being broke in right now on all motor. Selling everything. Hasport mounts, shift linkage, harness axles etc etc. Knoxville. Send e mail to sprjit22 at yahoo or on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.