Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

6K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  rudedawwg 
#1 ·
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Agree with Vinnie old version much better.

Also yellowbullet did the same shit I also choose the old version on that site

#5 ·
I do kind of get a small amount of sadistic joy watching people trying to re-invent the wheel.

#7 ·
IT BLOWS HORRIBLY!!

The first thing I want to see is the recent posts, and the thing you all forced on us doesn't show them ........ EPIC fail

#18 ·
Hello,

Can you guys let us know what you don't like about the enhanced mobile view? Things like slowness and page display and function would help us work on making it better for users who may find it easier to navigate when on their phones.

When you describe the issue, if you can provide what phone is being used and OS system as well, we can try to look at it over on our side and see what going on in your perspective.

Thank you.

~ Ll, community support

#22 ·
Android 4.4.4 on a Galaxy Note 3 here and use Chrome for browser

* Enhanced view was much slower than desktop view
* It was more tedious to browse the subforums and threads
* I very much disliked the fact that I had to navigate through to find the recent/updated posts

#19 ·
While we have you on here..... Just sell us the place and you won't have to worry us not happy with the enhance view.

#25 ·
Thanks tigersharkdude for the information. I will let the team that manages this know about it, if you guys can keep bringing in information it will help us a lot.

Also, for those of you who do not want to use the enhance mobile view, there is a icon with three bars on the top left side, touch that and then go to the last option, that should get you out of it.

Thanks again.

~ Lee

PS: This site is not for sale. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.