Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 1998 Nissan 240sx SE *NO TRADES*

7K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  ramman434 
#1 · (Edited)
Seller: Richard

Well kids, it's been a long while since I've been on here. After college I moved to Atlanta, as most of the old regs know. I'm finally selling the ole Kouki and looking for a good home.
Car is currently in the Brentwood/Franklin area of Nashville. I'm in Atlanta and will have to drive up to show it off, etc. so serious inquiries only.

I'm the 2nd owner of the car and have owned it for 7 years. Most of the miles are highway from Nashville - Knoxville for school. After I moved to Atlanta, they were highway 30 miles/day to to/from work. Never been drifted, never been interested. Many people on this site can vouch for the car over the years. On to the info:

1998 Nissan 240SX SE
159K + miles
Exterior: 6.8/10
Interior: 8.5/10
Color: Cobalt Green Pearl
2nd Owner
Clean Title although hail damage (see below)
Cold A/C (fixed Summer ’09), Hot heat
CD Player w/iPod connection for classic or Nano only. Cannot support iphone/Touch
250 watt Alpine speakers all around, 650 watt Alpine speaker Amp
Rare OEM Kouki front lip
Lines run for hardwiring a radar detector
Rear tires replaced Fall ‘12
ALMOST ALL RECEIPTS & MANUALS FOR MODIFICATIONS/MAINTENANCE

Modifications:
Viper Alarm system
20% window tint all around (18% on pass. window & 5% on sunroof)
Blacked out all chrome on headlights, corners, and turn signals
Blitz Nur Spec R cat-back exhaust
JDM Kouki Aero K grill
Shark II Shorty Antenna
LED tail lights – Nightshaded – 4 coats + 2 clear coats
4300K 35 watt HID kit
Nismo Front Powerbrace
Tein adjustable inner/outer tie rods
Carbon Creations carbon fiber hood w/carbon fiber printed Aero-Catch Hood pins
Fortune Auto 30-way adjustable coil-over with Swift Racing Springs
Not installed - Paint matched (by hot rod body shop in Lebanon, TN) 3-piece Kouki Aero K spoiler with CF center piece
Plasti-dipped stock SE wheels

Auto -> Manual Swap: Done 07/05/10 by Countrydave
• ’96 OBDII 5spd. Manual transmission with 8k more miles than car
• ’97 OBDII Manual ECU
• Clutch replaced w/OEM Exedy Thanksgiving ‘12
• New Master/Slave Cylinders installed 09/20/13
• Stainless steel clutch line
• Reverse lights not connected up (auto harness used)

The Bad:
Car totaled in hail storm 04/27/2011 in Knoxville, TN – body damage only. Still has CLEAN TITLE & is insurable in TN & GA

Lug stripped on driver’s front wheel. Can cause moderate shake between 40 – 50 mph
Interior A/C lights no longer light up
Windshield washers not hooked up: missing a hose & ¼ size hole in fluid reservoir
Backed into twice: One hit and run, both reported and fixed through insurance

Passenger side window broken into 10/30/10. Tint held up ½ window. Nothing stolen

06/13/13 – During heavy rain storm in GA, billboard blew across hwy and cracked windshield, shattered driver’s side turn signal, ripped driver’s fog from bracket. Turn signal replaced w/brand new part
Driver’s side headlight bracket broken; due to this, corner light shifts slightly

Pics:

Up close of hood pins

Pics of Hail damage:

Pics of interior

I have a billion more pics if needed.

Asking Price: $5200 AS IS
NO TRADES AT ALL

See less See more
#7 ·
GLWS bud. It would actually be sad for you to sell this. I can't imagine Richard without his S14.

#9 ·
Windshield is still cracked.
Window was replaced 2 days after being broken back in 2011.

Car's Title is completely CLEAN even thought car was totaled by insurance.

I was actually getting on today because I had realized I didn't make that clear

#12 ·
They didn't give the car a salvage title when it was totalled? Thats pretty much standard operating procedure. Then from there you can repair the car and get a rebuilt title. Regardless, fair price for a good looking car...is this the same one that went through a few owners on this forum?

#17 ·
Yeah man, I moved for a new job. Been super busy these last couple of years and had to take a hiatus from the car scene. I've tried to jump in here to lurk every once in awhile.

They didn't give the car a salvage title when it was totalled? Thats pretty much standard operating procedure. Then from there you can repair the car and get a rebuilt title. Regardless, fair price for a good looking car...is this the same one that went through a few owners on this forum?
Insurance kept the title completely clear, I was surprised when they told me too lol.
As far as owners, I'm the 2nd. Car was traded into a Nissan dealership by a middle-aged woman in Germantown, OH. I bought it from there my senior yr of HS and had it shipped to Nashville. It's been in my hands only since.

#27 ·
okay, I've worked in the rebuilding of salvage title cars (totaled cars) for 6 years and from my experience of close to a thousand cars, "totaled" and "salvage title" go hand in hand in TN. It's synonymous. If I'm wrong, please direct me to some kind of source to enlighten me.

#28 ·
Insurance told me that it was "totaled" and still had a CLEAR title. Sure enough it did. When I went to register in GA it came up as a clear title as well

CAR OFFICIALLY SOLD

Mods, please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.