Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Best looking single din head unit?

13K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Desy216 
#1 ·
So my old, crappy head unit is probably on the verge of death, so I've been looking at new ones.. The reasoning for the thread is to ask everyone to post up your car's head unit, or anything that doesn't look like an LSD inspired disco ball. I'm looking for something that has USB and Bluetooth, maybe hands free calling and nav and still fits in a single din. All that and one that still looks good. Thanks guys!

#12 ·
I have always liked kenwood headunits. I havent really been on the search for one so not sure how the new ones are. All the ones I have owned always are user friendly and very good quality never had a problem from a kenwood unit. Kenwoods theme usually is a black deck with some red and blueish purple lighting not to flashy but nice in my opinion. However, everyones opinion is different, just get something that best suites your needs that you like. Im currently jamming to the bmw business radio with the monster tape with cord for ipod use.

Attachments

#18 ·
This had the same unit in 4 of my cars then it was still in my shell when I sold it and didn't realise it. So I went put and bought another one to replace it and let it go in my integra since I was getting a BMW and it still had a factory radio and looks best with a factory one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#14 ·
Secret audio...hide that crap away and have an old school factory looking radio...OEM units always look the best....you just use secret audio to get the best newest features...or you can always get rid of the factory head unit entirely...hide the new unit away and use the DIN space for something useful...like a triple gauge cluster. If its just a daily beater though thats not worth the effort of hiding something away...pioneer all the way, just a basic unit with no flashy distracting screen with whales swimming all over it or some crap

#17 ·
I had an alpine a few years ago, had the motorized face and stuff so it was kind of nice to be able to tilt it upward so I could see it. Worked great up until I sold the truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.