Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Goob got a new wakeboard!!! (carnage inside)

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Turbo vw 
#1 ·
Well..not brand new, but a dope piece nonetheless. 2009 Byerly Assault 55 w/ Shane Bonifay boots. Picked it up Saturday.

So my buddy Dennis and myself decide to go out Sunday afternoon and give it a rip since we planned on boarding with JonyB next Saturday. I wanted at least one rip on my new board just to get a feel for it. First two pulls were awesome, board is slick but controllable, fast, pops like crazy...I loved it. On pull number 4 I went for a wake to wake pretty hard (which is a feat behind an aluminum outboard deckboat w/ no power, tower, or pylon). Almost. I cased into the second wake, nose first, hard. I went over the front of the board and smacked my head on the water face first. When I came to I felt that my foot had come out of the boot. Well...it didn't.

FML. Concussion FTL. Swollen left foot FTL. Broken board FTL. ftlftlftlftlftlftlftlftlftl.

/vent.

See less See more
#6 ·
That car looks like my coworkers 50' business coupe....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.