Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Motards?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Scopy 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
Not a tard but my boy is almost old enough for his first dirt bike. I'm scooping a dual sport of some kind once he starts riding. I like the wr250r.

#3 ·
sweet! those wr250r/x's seem to be the way to go for a first bike, good power and reliability, the crf250l falls a little short in the power department compared to the wr but its also a good reliable bike or around 2k cheaper out the door

#5 ·
I daily mine, its been fantastic, they were built to run hard in the Baja 1000, therefore i have no problem justifying regular oil changes for my style riding every 1000-1500 miles, just making sure i check oil levels often, its a reliable and powerful bike, really fun, mine is uncorked with full FMF exhaust and "uncorked", makes somewhere around 55hp, and quite torquey too, it lofts the front wheel up no problem with just a blip of the throttle all the way up into 3rd gear especially since i swapped the CRF450 forks on, i haven't tried it in 4th yet.
if the speed limit is 60+ for your 80 mile daily drive then i would make sure to keep an eye on the oil, other then that though it should do great my daily commute is just under 40 miles round trip.

mine is on craigslist for sale by the way http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/5482819557.html
in case you were interested

#6 ·
sold the XR and got a '09 450 XC-F, holding off on tarding it for a while, have the wheels and what not already but want to enduro it for a while first, once i get a 300 exc/xc-w for a woods bike and sell the R1 i'll probably tard the 450... really need to get a truck too, this whole no car life things is sucking.

managed to get the 450 registered though, had a OHV title from cali and red stickered but a local cop accidentally hooked me up while doing the initial inspection to make sure it wasnt stolen and i ended up being able to road legal it... still need headlight/tail light, but that should be here tomorrow and ive already got the tarded plate transferred to it.

tubeless excel wheels

#8 ·
haha me too man, they're pretty sweet, seems like everyone that rides enduro has one, i.e Enduro Kex, Querly and all the other German, Polish, Swedish enduro riders. i really want to try out the new 300 xc-w though. i miss having a smoker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.