Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Heavy Duty Fully Synthetic oil for $11/ gal! - Page 2 - TennSpeed
Forum Garage

Remember Me?
Go Back   TennSpeed > Vendors > Advance Auto Parts

Old 03-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #21
Ashby
Diesel Dick
Veteran Member

Ashby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ashby
On a different note.. I'm going to get a oil analysis done when I change my oil from Rotella (12.5k miles) and go to Amsoil. Then going to get it checked every 12.5k and see how the Amsoil does vs. Rotella and post up the results.. I have confidence in the 'zoil but we will see.
Ashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
bigbenp

bigbenp is on a distinguished road
I've reviewed the OA on the Rotella and Amsoil in my new(er) STi and as long as I stay around 6K I'm comfortable running the T6.
bigbenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #23
frambach

frambach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenp View Post
I've reviewed the OA on the Rotella and Amsoil in my new(er) STi and as long as I stay around 6K I'm comfortable running the T6.
I know there is a huge following with the Subaru guys and Rotella. Until I get one switched over to AMSOIL (or buy my own STi {J/K - not happening}), I don't have anything to argue on this.

Which AMSOIL did you run? I see Subaru's turbo motors have had problems with clogging the oil screen. Scary stuff right there. Because of that - 2010 and older are on a 3,750 OCI (per Subaru)! That's crazy! That has to be the lowest OCI I've ever heard of.

Since AMSOIL puts this info in red, makes me wonder if when someone says they have a Subaru with a turbo, if I should end the conversation & go on my merry way.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more from you on this subject should you care to take this topic any further off course and divulge that info.
frambach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #24
Srivera2010

Srivera2010 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Srivera2010 Send a message via Yahoo to Srivera2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frambach View Post
I know there is a huge following with the Subaru guys and Rotella. Until I get one switched over to AMSOIL (or buy my own STi {J/K - not happening}), I don't have anything to argue on this.

Which AMSOIL did you run? I see Subaru's turbo motors have had problems with clogging the oil screen. Scary stuff right there. Because of that - 2010 and older are on a 3,750 OCI (per Subaru)! That's crazy! That has to be the lowest OCI I've ever heard of.

Since AMSOIL puts this info in red, makes me wonder if when someone says they have a Subaru with a turbo, if I should end the conversation & go on my merry way.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more from you on this subject should you care to take this topic any further off course and divulge that info.

Ive always wanted to give AMS a try just hard to get and to damn high to order online then get ripped on shipping. Have had a few people mention it and have had good luck. I use schaeffers supreme 9000 5w40 to good stuff. Its green also.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #25
watts13
hard parker
Veteran Member

watts13 is on a distinguished road
^stormy, austin sorah is a local retailer of amsoil now..
watts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
shifty35
Full-Time Post Whore

shifty35 is just really niceshifty35 is just really niceshifty35 is just really niceshifty35 is just really nice
Promo code is dead. Booo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty35 View Post
I just saw a Krystal's commercial, and I thought I heard them say "Big Anus Burger." Sounds appetizing.
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #27
frambach

frambach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivera2010 View Post
Ive always wanted to give AMS a try just hard to get and to damn high to order online then get ripped on shipping. Have had a few people mention it and have had good luck. I use schaeffers supreme 9000 5w40 to good stuff. Its green also.
I didn't know Schaeffers were selling green oil too. I know Brad Penn leverages the fact that their oil is green.

If Austin is close to you, he is a Dealer and can help you get AMSOIL.

- It's alive! -> our 1986 Ford Ranger 2.6L stroker, aluminum head, 4 carbs, TrueTrak'd 7.5" diff
frambach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #28
nismofan240
Here for the gang bang...

nismofan240 is on a distinguished road
DAMN i missed out. i use this in both my vehicles. CURSES!!