Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

*EVERYONE READ THIS* Updating forum rules

15K views 99 replies 39 participants last post by  mintygood 
#1 ·
Hello all,

The Admins and 1 of the moderators have decided to update the forum rules to make the site a more enjoyable place to be.

1st. Off topic posts in any other threads than "trash talk" and "off topic" will be deleted and a 24 hr ban will be placed. If you have a smart ass comment to make PM the person or make a new thread in "trash talk".

2nd. No thread bumping allowed any more in any thread...period.

3rd. When you Marketplace ad sells, PM a mod to close immediately.

4th. To sell in the Marketplace section will be modified temporarily to 90 days until we figure out a fee system to become a site benefactor to buy/sell/trade in the near future.

#40 ·
:rofl: Man, well... I'm going to have to try my hardest to not be a fuckface anymore.

Mario - I understand what you're saying, too, and site *accessories* are excellent revenue for the website, to keep it up and running, but other forums that charge have done well (a few). It just depends on how it's set up, and the terms. TNGUNOWNERS is a site that charges, and does extremely well. The same can be said for OFFTOPIC.NET (when you used to purchase an avatar).

#43 · (Edited)
Apologies for seeming so smug. Not that it's a rule but if I was him I would not say something and not back it up by deleting the posts. I guess I do agree it should be open for discussion; if not in this thread then in OT. Sorry Zac. Not that I even know you. All good ideas in your last post btw.

And there are a lot of morons on every forum so I'm not saying it's just a phenomenon here..

America Fuck Ya!

#46 ·
I agree with what they want to do, I think this site has to much fuck faces that troll a bunch to get there post count up. I like this site because we can have fun but bashing on the new people in the intro threads??? come on!! I dont like how serious people are on suprafourms and supramania, you just cant have fun but you should not make fun of people's rides because they drive a 240 with cut springs....if your friends with the person then fine but if you do not know them leave it alone!! keep it in the trash talk! Trash talk thread has Expanded to all threads

#47 ·
Do you know how hard it is to post THIS MUCH? (see post count). I HAVE to shit-talk... it's a necessity.

#48 ·
I have no issue with a fee. I do it on tgo and have done it on 318ti.org with 318ti you pay 20 a year get access to the classified,members only section (in this case I think should be the black hole and meets section)site sticker, and a tag under your name that says site supporter. For the people that say they will leave fuck em they will still have access to everything

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#50 ·
The entire pay-for-classifieds mention was a little premature, nothing has been decided and when it is we will formally announce it.

Just know that what we're trying to do is not to make a dollar off you guys. What we're trying to do is add a step to make the classifieds less accessible to those that just want to sign up, spam their way to the post count, list their items and leave.

Nobody that suggested this idea would benefit from it in the least so please don't take it that way. We're brainstorming this at the moment and will come back once we have a solution.

#57 ·
Id be happier to pay if it was $10 instead of $5 and we get stickers for it. At least ill feel like I'm getting something out of it. I'm cheap. And I don't normally sell stuff here. Just will not pay if non paying users cannot see my post.

Otherwise I love the new rules!!!

Sent from my droid phone because my iphone couldn't keep up

#64 ·
So someones question and my answer got deleted on the IA pic thread cause it wasn't a pic? I understand the reasoning of keeping it pic only but deleting the question and answer cause it wasn't a pic is a lil redicoulus. That could have helped someone else out.

Should we have created a new thread got it answered then that new thread get cluttered with the other threads?

G
#73 ·
O lord. Stop complaining. Nothings even finalized

Hell I say do the 6 month requirement AND have a small fee.

Dunno y 5 bucks is such a major deal! I guarantee u have that much change in yo mommas couch!

tapatalk FTW

#75 ·
I am so angry at the new rules and I would like to display my anger and disgust towards the new rules in this post. New rules suck and this place is full of mean people anyway and I am angry at the new rules.

#76 ·
Should make it like tngunowners marketplace. You have to have a membership to make a marketplace thread, but you can post and purchase without a membership.

#77 ·
...People do you realize what your saying? You want people to pay for a market place that ISN'T specific to anything...our market place here is basically a fucking garage sale.
You never know what your going to get, TN gunowners...I know what I'm going there to get...Same with any other car specific forum.

#81 ·
I can see what your saying.

#83 ·
New rules are fail...the only good thing about this site is the loose moderation. Just about every car made has a vehicle specific forum that is serious. i.e. Team integra. Nobody is going to come here first with serious questions. There is just too broad of a community here. The only reason anybody I know comes here is to talk shit, or laugh at somebody else talking shit. I forsee a big loss in traffic through this forum if new rules are enforced. Remember this forum isn't serious, it's tennspeed, Why fix something that isn't broken?

#86 ·
Trash Talk and Off Topic will still be around. Moderation will be stricter in the marketplace and places where serious information is discussed. There have been a lot of complaints about the shit talking from members. Can we make everyone happy? No, but we are going to try and improve this site for more growth as a community.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.