Go Back   TennSpeed > TennSpeed Community & Interest > Off Topic

Old 07-11-2020, 04:11 AM   #1
Sharpshooter
Philanthropist 0:)

Sharpshooter is on a distinguished road
Security before we share!
Hey All!
Many of you have already worked from home and some are still doing it,
Working From Home is a tough ask for the companies who have never adopted this culture in years, but due to this pandemic they have to adopt it for self existence and to compete.
This WFH have led to many security concerns and to let us to think over the security measures that are necessary to take.
But above all the most crucial part is how to avoid leaking of the documents, pdf and zip files that we share on the platforms like skype or zoom.
Because these platforms are much vulnerable to hackers and confidential documents can ever land to their hands.
so is their a way to avoid such risks?
As most of the companies are not security centric and they don't know much about the security protocols and sops to follow while working from home.

So anybody out their who is currently working from home and have adopted some standards of work please share.
Thanks in advance
Sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #2
Sharpshooter
Philanthropist 0:)

Sharpshooter is on a distinguished road
Well i forgot to mention that I am already using dedicated servers provided by my office to access office resources and yes we have also placed different SOPs for communication over such platforms.
As communication is not encrypted but files can, so we place passwords on documents and folders before sharing them, so if they get leaked, then it might not harm us as decryption of those keys is quite a difficult procedure and only professionals can access them.
Plus we are also using Lastpass for password sharing, so passwords can't be leaked.
But I am bit worried about the zip files, as there are certain files and folders that takes more spaces so we share them by converting them to zip files and password protect them by using the procedure provided in this guide on how to password protect a zip file , but are these only methods reliable?
Or is there any other alternative way to send big data encrypted?
Sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote