Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

My 08 ZX-10R

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  shortbusondubs 
#1 · (Edited)
As some (very few) of you know, I picked up an 08 ZX-10R back in January. It had been down and needed some fairing work to get it back to being a nice bike. PO said he had priced it all and it was about $500 bucks to get OEM stuff back on the bike. I drove out to bum fuck to pick it up and brought it home one rainy Sunday night. The next Saturday, I started the tear down.

Boy was I in for a surprise. The "$20 parts on ebay" that it needed quickly became a lot more fucking expensive and added up. I came to find out that it had been half ass put together to get it back on the road. Zip ties and broken plastic everywhere My wallet was unhappy. But several merchants on eBay welcomed me with open arms.

I won't go through all the horse shit I had to do to get this bike where it is now, but Let's just say I wasn't too happy when I promptly tripled the $500 estimate. I've had bikes before, and know that OEM stuff is the way to go. I could have bought some bullshit ABS stuff to repair the bike, but I'd still be fighting fitment and such.

Mods are as follows.

-1 front sprocket
1/5 throttle insert
k&n air filter
secondary butterflies removed
lowered an inch or so on vortex lowering links

I'll flash the ECU and tune it if I decide to keep it. Still tossing around the idea of selling it to buy a newer car and do some stuff around the house.

See less See more
#2 ·
A not so short list of what I replaced or put on the bike:

right side tail section
center tail section
gas tank
right side mid fairing
splash guard
inner fairing trim piece
full bolt kit to replace a few broken screws
both mirrors since some jackass cut the wires
windscreen
headlight/fairing stay
upper center fairing
air filter
front tire
oil and filter change
militant moto drag bars

I also painted the entire bike black instead of the factory black with a bluish flake. As well as ditching the factory secondary paint color of an almost anthracite color and going flat black. I still have a few more pieces to paint, but you don't notice them when i'm pulling on you or blowing by you.

I'm planning on going back to factory sprockets to get my speedo right, unless i can get a good deal on a speedo healer. New chain and rear tire will also be in the next few months if it doesn't sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.