Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

manley vs eagle rods and oem bearings vs acl

6K views 70 replies 19 participants last post by  Cali-StyleTeg 
#1 ·
just wanted everyones opinion on which i should go with on both. Im planning on pushing 600 whp on high boost.

#28 ·
mitch- if you don't have useful info please leave. this section of tennspeed is for people that require additional info about certain products,if you are displeased with this thread i suggest you contact tennspeed and take it up with them. when money isnt the issue in this you turn to people that have used the items. fuck manufacturing processes,they dont amount to shit if they cant last in the long run. some things look great on paper but thats only half the story. kia's are warrantied to 100k miles,i guess that makes their "manufacturing process" superior to toyota or honda...right,lmao. spoolie-precision is a great turbo hands down,the only thing is it's longevity and availability of parts if needed. we all know garretts quality and it appears to be easier to acquire parts for. i wish i could get through to precison but the phones appear to be messed up.

#29 ·
mitch- if you don't have useful info please leave. blahblahblah...fuck manufacturing processes,they dont amount to shit if they cant last in the long run. some things look great on paper but thats only half the story.
i'm sorry, do you need a tissue?

manufacturing processes are what makes up a quality part fool. get a grasp of metallurgy/production and understand why people choose what certain parts they use.

but what do i know, i'm an ignorant ******* that drives a 5.0 right? lol

600whp can be achieved by off the shelf parts, how long it will last is dependent on the quality of parts you choose. and what you're missing isn't how to make the power, it's how to put it to the ground.

#31 ·
we got off to a bad start in a previous forum,you may not be ingnorant but you approached me that way. it will be a task keeping 600whp to the ground,thats where im relying on my guy doing the teardown and rebuild to tune it correctly under high and low boost with the hondata s300. im doing what i can to the drivetrain. im adding a wavetrac lsd and carbon sychros from sychrotech to the tranny which is being done next week. also tires,daily driven tires will be firestone firehawk wide ovals which is a summer tire but they grip like crazy when the pavement is warm.

#33 ·
ok,heres the build in a nutshell,some things i may leave out since im still unsure. block- darton mid sleeves,je or wiseco 2.0 pistons 9:1 comp,manley turbo tuff rods,oem bearings "will order after speced",arp pro rod bolts,cometic head gasket,ferrea standard sized valves,valvesprings,skunk pro stage 1 cams and skunk camgears,toda timing belt,arp head studs,oem igintion wires,ngk 1 step colder spark plugs. thats it for now. the build isnt til early march so some things may change

#37 ·
when i called shacklets in nashville about the machine work we didnt get to talk about the head,only the block. chris berkey at the performance garage in smyrna is doing the tear down,shacklets is doing all the head and block work and prob the block assembly then chris will do the final assembly and tuning. im gonna run motor only for about a month and get at least 1000 miles out of it before i boost it

#38 ·
meh, send your head to an Expert in honda heads. rlz, portflow, bisimoto, cccylinderheads.com, team4piston, etc...

cccylinderheads.com has some awesome prices and produce great numbers.

BTW: i build my shit, and i dont trust anyone else to do it. i verify machinework when it's 'cutting it close', if the engine fucks up, it's my fault and nobody elses.

and chris is a cool guy. lmk if that riced out integra with a msd distributor is still in his shop. lol

and theres no reason not to boost it after initial startup, some people can say what they want to about startup procedures, but todays machining standards break in motors Extremely quickly.

#42 ·
its cccylinderheads.com just to make sure. and you can see his original site here, click tech and 85x89mm NA build he did on his own ride. also look at the charts he has to prove his work.

engines are air pumps, if you cant flow.... well you're just shit out of luck

#48 ·
Manley - Usa Made, tested and passed in many high hp/revving engines
ACL - Good shit
Eagle - Chinese Made

35R is a waste of time compared to HP6262, you will notice the difference. Not only are the wheel material different but the wheel designed are completely different, in that the billet are more efficient in moving more CFM's.

#55 ·
Revs is only a fraction of the equation that goes into a successful build.

Tune is also only a fraction.

Quality parts another fraction.

Quality machining (if needed).

Quality/Proper Assembly.

Parts that works together well and a proper build is other fractions in the equation.

I try to put all fractions together with a build, otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

#58 ·
it depends on what you're wanting to get. i'd personally go with the best price on the job you're wanting done.

team4piston sells higher end valvetrain if you're wanting to spend some money, and coatings and treatment proccesses will extend the longevity of the engine as well.

#60 ·
ive decided to let inline pro do the entire build,it will just be easier for me to have chris take the motor out,me ship it to inline pro,and then have a new motor when it comes back. one place beats having shit scattered everywhere. with inline pro doing the build and chris doing the installation and tuning i cant go wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.