·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRACTICE & FACE-OFF
TANDEM, SOLO & TOP 16
Sunday September 7, 2008

Watermelon Capitol Speedway
Facility is situated on 100 acres of land 1/2 mile off of I-75 at exit 104 in Cordele, GA

Note: your registration is not complete until payment is received via Paypal.
Please include driver's full name & contact information, car description, and face-off selection (explained below) in the notes of the PayPal order form. Spectators ($5) and Ride-a-long Fees ($15) can be paid in cash at the gate. Send PayPal payment to [email protected]

COST:
$50 until August 16,
$65 after August 16
$75 entry at gate

TENATIVE SCHEDULE:
7:00AM – 8:30AM – Roll in, Registration at gate, and Tech
8:30AM - 9:00AM Drivers meeting
9:00AM – 12:00PM - Practice Begin
12:00PM to 1:00PM Lunch break (not provided)
1:00PM - 5:00PM - Practice
5:00PM – 8:00 PM – Face-Off
9:00 PM Gate Closes

At the gate, everyone will be required to sign a waiver and check in at the registration table.
A fun and challenging course will be setup in the Infield.
**If you don’t pass tech; you don’t drive**

FACE-OFF SELECTION:
If you put Face-Off on your PayPal form you open yourself to possibly being selected for the Face-Off. We will be selecting the top 16 during practice. During practice you can pick who you will tandem with. However, if you are selected to be in the Face-Off, you will be randomly grouped together. This is only for fun and driver improvement. This is more about the line/angle/speed; not about getting close to the other car. *If there is not enough drivers interested in the Face-Off; we will just continue the practice for the rest of the day!

Who will be the last driver sliding??

DISCLAIMER:
Any person or persons engaging in unsafe or inappropriate behavior on or off the track as deemed by the event organizers, track officials, and/or venue, will not be tolerated. Failure to follow any of the rules will result in such individuals being removed from the premises without refund. Drift-Clinic may revise event details, rules, schedules, and/or any other related information at any time with or without notice by updating the http://www.driftclinic.com website. If you have any questions that you do not feel are addressed on our website please contact Matt at [email protected]

* Run group #'s will be assigned at tech. So, if you want to run with your freinds; come to tech at the same time.

Here is a vid of the layout we will use!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9MYlMIOfew
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZABrUHWFE4A

I'm posting this for drift clinic.. for those of u that arent afraid to travel then lets go.. im registering at the gate since im probably gonna be using the pay check from that friday to pay for it.. and there is camping in front of the track.. so it will be cheap.. pack a cooler and go.. pm me on here if anybody wants to caravan..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is anybody from nashville or even TN going??

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea... its almost to florida but idc.. im just addicted to going to drift events.. i wish we had more local events.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea.. but still if u can come up with 25 more dollars then go....

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im leaving saturday at 5pm.. let me know if u wanna go...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know what u mean.. im gonna try to get my setup (aka: driver skill) tuned in before the 20th... cause thats probably where im lacking.. plus i dont like screwing with the setup.. i say learn to drive it like it is untill u reach the peak of ur learning curve.

but im so looking forward to the nashville event.. hopefully i will get some more tandem experiance this weekend... so when nashville comes around i'll be that much better.. but we'll see i guess...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I know exactly what your saying and Id be likely to give the same advise, but in my case, the way the tires wear in a way up front where they need allot more camber. The outside of my front tires that are on the inside of the slide are being pulled under and thats slowing my front end down too much. Also my whiteline sway bars are on their softest settings (I adjusted them wrong the first time thinking they were on their stiffest) and Im getting way too much body roll. Ive been auto-x in s13's long enough to know how to setup a suspension, but memphis was my first time drifting on a track and being able to look at still pictures of myself mid drift and see the slight body roll that I dont want. Also seeing the wear pattern on the tires let me know what else I want to change up front.

I know what your saying thought like I said and I appreciate the advice which is normally correct. Most people are so quick to blame their setup. It took me a few weeks before I decided that some things could be done with my setup.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think its going to be about impossible to get the side wall scuffing dialed out with camber. atleast not with something like a SE wheel.

but u missed out man.. a bunch of people ended up bailing.. and it ended up with like i think 16 of us.. and we ran it like a private day.. as many runs as u wanted to make.. and we changed the course 3 times before the tandem competition... and i ended up bring home a 2nd place finish for TN.. not to bad considering it was my 2nd drift event...

but i'll get videos up soon... the tandem was insane..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
u should have run a megasquirtv2 board, they have a flex fuel system u can use..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I can change my maps, I just dont want to. I like e-85, it just makes so much more sense to run off that when abusing the car.

I guess when I get done the 20th at the speedway Ill run my car down until it stumbles and make a gas program off of it. I cant even remember which bin file it was when I ran my car off gas for a couple days. After I got my board I pretty much just tuned for e-85 right away. Ill probably run the car off gas when I go the the dragon just for the ease and the better fuel economy. Its just a pain making sure you run down all the way out of fuel and switch the map right then.

E-85 will just make you not like gas anymore. E-85 kicks gas!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess that where the plus is for the MSv2 board.. since it doesnt matter if u have half a tank of e-85 and u can fill up with with gas and the ECM will automaticly correct for it..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
eh, i dunno. Id have allot of trouble trusting that. Do you do much tuning?

If your the one doing all the tuning, then you would have to do all the tuning for the different ratios of gas and ethonal. Either that or it would just take the percentage difference between your gas tune and e-85 tune and the ratio of fuel and find the timing map and fuel map somewhere in the middle. That is the most likely scenario and there is no way on gods green earth I would trust that on my engine. Hell, just in the past 2 years the flex fuel vehicles finally got their tunes right for mis matched ratios of fuel and no longer stress run your tank out before switching over.

I have no real desire to run on gas unless the only reason Im doing it is if Im using the car for transportation for a long distance (which is almost never but could happen). Switching back and fourth is known to clog your fuel filters as well unless you buy one of the expensive flex fuel filters.

I think Ill run my car off gas on the way to and on the dragon, but the dragon shouldnt require much power. Ill probably just keep it at 12lbs.

Its just with all the benefits of e-85 I cant hardly justify running my car off gas. It really is something that can protect your investment.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright.. i dont know much about how the MSv2 board works.. i just know they advertise it as a flex fuel system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts