Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A law enforcement official says a 16-year-old student has died after a shooting in a Knoxville, Tenn. high school cafeteria. The shooting at Central High School was reported to police at about 8:10 Thursday morning. Police say they took a suspect into custody six minutes later near the school and recovered the gun.
Knoxville chief deputy Bill Roehl (ROHL) confirmed the student's death.
The school was placed on lockdown after the shooting. School officials were preparing to release students one classroom at a time, then bus them to a church so they could be picked up by their parents.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Police say they've taken a suspect into custody after a shooting in the cafeteria of a Knoxville, Tenn. high school.
The shooting at Central High School was reported to police at about 8:10 Thursday morning.
Police spokesman Darryl DeBusk says police took a suspect into custody six minutes later near the school and recovered the gun.
A 16-year-old student was wounded and taken to a local hospital. There was no immediate word on his condition.
The school was placed on lockdown after the shooting. School officials were preparing to release students one classroom at a time, then bus them to a church so they could be picked up by their parents.

Anyone know more info on this? I know there are a couple members in the Knox area.

·
Registered
748 Posts
WTF who is giving these fucking stupid kids guns. If they get them from thier parents the parents should get in some shit too for not having them locked up fucking DA's. And besides that how is it possible to even get a gun into a school now with the so called heightened security measures and such. Its sad when terrorists dont scare people as much as their own children do!! Its time parents parents start going old fashioned and busting out the " GO GET ME A SWITCH" or something.

·
Registered
143 Posts
serously wtf man the school year is even into its first week yet stupid kids

i pray everything will turn out all good from this one

·
Registered
110 Posts
specvroadking said:
WTF who is giving these fucking stupid kids guns. If they get them from thier parents the parents should get in some shit too for not having them locked up fucking DA's. And besides that how is it possible to even get a gun into a school now with the so called heightened security measures and such. Its sad when terrorists dont scare people as much as their own children do!! Its time parents parents start going old fashioned and busting out the " GO GET ME A SWITCH" or something.
yeah, I agree... these kids are getting out of line because they aren't getting their asses busted at home. A good 'whoopin' has never hurt anyone. That's how it was in my house growing up.. it was 1,2,3 and if they get to three.. guaranteed ass beating. I had to pick out my own switch a few times.. three licks with a belt on the ass and if we dare turn around or interfere, it was three more! An hour or two after, they always gave the speech.. ' we do this not to hurt you but it's because we care' I didn't really understand 100% at the time but now I do. If I ever pop out one, god forbid, he/she will be raised the same way I was.

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
prayers to the family and friends... what has our society come too

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Its basically the pussyfication of america thats going on thats turning things to shit. Bitch ass kids dont know right from wrong these days since most parents are freaking scared of their own damn kids anyway. They never beat there ass when they were growing up so they dont know the consequences of bad choices. Everyone to afraid to offend anyone anymore and wont face facts. This is just one of the many reasons i dont plan on breeding. I mean even if you do the best with your child chances are that the kids they may hang out with have screws lose and will influence them. Moral of the story i think is parents please punish your kids, hell ill go ahead and say it Beat your kids when they deserve it. Talk a good ole belt to there ass

·
Registered
748 Posts
Onitsukagirl said:
specvroadking said:
yeah, I agree... these kids are getting out of line because they aren't getting their asses busted at home. A good 'whoopin' has never hurt anyone. That's how it was in my house growing up.. it was 1,2,3 and if they get to three.. guaranteed ass beating. I had to pick out my own switch a few times.. three licks with a belt on the ass and if we dare turn around or interfere, it was three more! An hour or two after, they always gave the speech.. ' we do this not to hurt you but it's because we care' I didn't really understand 100% at the time but now I do. If I ever pop out one, god forbid, he/she will be raised the same way I was.

Thats exactly how i was raised and thats how my son is gonna be raised. I feel bad for our children now and children to be, if our generation doesnt step up as parents it will be bad. There is absolutely nothing wrong at all with an ass beating. If it wasnt for that theres no telling what kinda shit id be in

·
Registered
398 Posts
sadness

the cold hard truth of it is some 16 year old who would've probably done something usefull with his life got shot for whatever reason by some POS loser who shot him in cold blood. He should be killed in return, and i agree with the pussification of america. The country is getting out of control. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, life for a life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:cry: Prayers are with the kids family.

1: i agree with whats been said about the parents letting guns be available to these stupid people.
2: im almost 22 and i got my ass beat all the time growing up....and i still feel like if i fuck up or do something stupid im gonna get beat.(so the lesson is punishing your kids is effective)
3: the pussification thing is right a man settles a problem with words....if it comes to violence its settled hand to hand no weapons....guns are just excuses for pussy ass kids to feel like bad asses. ( i dont have a problem with guns but i dont feel like im the motherfucking man with one in my hand)

Final thesis = the world is fucked if people dont take control of their crib midgets and there delinquint teenagers....i personally dont want to live to be old because i dont want to live in a world where all these stupid fake ass kids are gonna be in charge and deciding things that affect my future.

And like was posted before think of all the good that kid might have been able to do and add to the world... but no some pussy cut his life way to short.

/rant

·
Registered
198 Posts
The school that this happened at (Central High) has one of the worst racism profiling out there. Its so bad they have camera in all the halls and in the luch room. Im sure after this there will be a metal detector at the doors now. The 2 boys had a falling out yesterday and it carried out into today. The shooter was hispanic and when they caught him he was only a few blocks away from the part of town that has the majority of hispanics. I didnt know either of the boys but a lady that i work with has a friend that there son goes there and luckly he was running late so he wasnt even at school when it happened. They had most of the knoxville schools on lock down after that happened, to be safe and besure they can handle it if the time comes for it. But i heard alittle while ago that they are getting the boy for 1st degree murder

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
Yeah man I heard about that all the way out here in Colorado...

Sucks too, because I have a friend in Knoxville that has kids that go to Central... Still haven't gotten a hold of them yet.

·
yes i'm RICE
3,686 Posts
specvroadking said:
]

disagree (to some that you say)they some high school kids,like me i always found a way to get guns.(when i was in high school)i say stop trying to make kids go to school when they dont want to learn or want a education,(like me)leav them alone and put our attention on the one that welling to learn,and be somebody in life,making kid go to school when they dont want a education,them kids well become bully,and bully lead to school shooting,so if parents have gun and lock them up,its useless,high school kids can always get in it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yea, my school was on lock down for like 1st period I was like wtf is going on, then once I got out I heard someone got shot a killed at central, I was like DAYUM nukka.

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Yeah i heard about this on star1021 from beginning till end

on the news tonight they interviewed macdonalds(victim) family

The part i found most trajic was they didnt say where his mother or father or they had passed but he was being raised and staying with his grandmother and his uncle spoke of how he had wanted to drop out many times and they kept pressuring him to stay and that because he did stay it lead to this

·
allstar
8,374 Posts
T3AM SPOTLIT3 said:
specvroadking said:
]

disagree (to some that you say)they some high school kids,like me i always found a way to get guns.(when i was in high school)i say stop trying to make kids go to school when they dont want to learn or want a education,(like me)leav them alone and put our attention on the one that welling to learn,and be somebody in life,making kid go to school when they dont want a education,them kids well become bully,and bully lead to school shooting,so if parents have gun and lock them up,its useless,high school kids can always get in it.

x23468964323578 if they dont want help let them go.

·
Registered
383 Posts
jokers_wild_1987 said:
Yeah i heard about this on star1021 from beginning till end

on the news tonight they interviewed macdonalds(victim) family

The part i found most trajic was they didnt say where his mother or father or they had passed but he was being raised and staying with his grandmother and his uncle spoke of how he had wanted to drop out many times and they kept pressuring him to stay and that because he did stay it lead to this
From what I have read, his mom is locked up and his dad was JUST released from jail... Not that it matters in anyway, just letting you know...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Onitsukagirl said:
wow...maybe our parents were friends. lol. i had to pick out my own switches too, and when i got my ass whooped with the belt, if i moved, i got hit wherever the belt landed (back, legs, arm, etc.). i called them racing strips bc they welped up and looked horrible. but it taught me a lesson. i've never been into any big trouble with the police or anything. kids nowadays get away with everything bc they aren't punished. they are told to go to their rooms, or get the xbox taken away. that's bullshit. learn to discipline your kids!!

/end rant.

my prayers go out to the family of the 16 y/o. :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts