Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, bought it with one seized, heres the progress...

Have to pull the engine to get to them. :cry:

The Start...

Terrys dog sleeping, rofl

Mopar...?

Bout time!

So pretty!

The turbo that started it all...

Ill update when we get them changed and it put back in the car. Along with the mods we did to it with it out.

Thanks again xLoWx for all the help!
And your garage... ROFL!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, since 7k is crazy for a rebuild, i decided just to run with JDMs.. Ive seen dynos of z with 350hp to the wheel on stock turbos so why spend 7k to change it?

i mean i could have bought mine, then paid 7k for the rebuild and have your setup but why would i want to have a car like someone elses?

·
Registered
40 Posts
good luck. I did my engine swap myself. if you have any questions let me know. I would just go with oem motor mounts they are pretty strong but if not dont get ebay ones

·
Registered
40 Posts
you could try the classifieds on 300zxclub.com, Z1 motorsports, or if someone has good oem ones on ebay just dont get the solid ones from them i have heard bad things

·
2JZ32Wut???
1,315 Posts
Hell yea man... Lookin good so far... Throw some sport 500's in there.... that will be cheaper than the 7k rebuild and im sure it will set you higher than 350 horses... i need to stop partyin so much and go over there one weekend when you guys are workin on it

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kitc5252 said:
Hell yea man... Lookin good so far... Throw some sport 500's in there.... that will be cheaper than the 7k rebuild and im sure it will set you higher than 350 horses... i need to stop partyin so much and go over there one weekend when you guys are workin on it
Haha, we havent worked on it in a week because of partying, we will get back to it this weekend, we will have the motor dropped in this weekend and start putting shit back together. Ill msh ya kit when we set solid plans to start.

·
2JZ32Wut???
1,315 Posts
i know dude... i gotta stop partyin so much on my free time... im workin saturday... ill be off sunday... if i know your gonna be workin on it sunday ill actually go to sleep early enough so i can make it over there... lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hoist is holding up like a champ!

We will be working on it I think both days this weekend. We are going to need a third hand with it, as our third hand has to work all weekend. BOOOO.

Like I said, we pay in beer! HAHA! And the occasional lunch/dinner, lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts