Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BURN UNIT.......lol
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it all started 2 weeks or so ago and i got really bad when i got on it.
it would start off when ever i would start the car and then after 10 seconds it would go back to normal idle.
i was driving to work on day and i got on it pretty good and then it was missing driving down the interstate and that went on for a day untill i changed sparkplugs/wires. it still does it when i start the car, while driving it is hesitating and throttle response is bad.

my mods to the car are 255 fuel pump, 300zx fuel filter, exhaust, stock fuel system(rail, injectors).

i was wondering it it could be a bad coil, bad injectors, or it might be because i have a s13 ka ecu running a s14 motor so its running rich.
any help would be awesome

·
Registered
748 Posts
i would say your running to rich or possibly your distributor could have a bad point in it or something. also it could be throttle pos , could be diff on the ecu. im new to the 240 thing so not and expert just going by what i know in general, i hope it helps

·
RB20DET Guru
1,860 Posts
Lol i had a fuel pump relay cause the same thing, the walbro makes my rb run rich and id say that is a large part of ur problem, but check the fuel pump relay and rule it out. Then i sugest getting and adjustable FPR.

·
BURN UNIT.......lol
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Race_Breed_2.0 said:
Lol i had a fuel pump relay cause the same thing, the walbro makes my rb run rich and id say that is a large part of ur problem, but check the fuel pump relay and rule it out. Then i sugest getting and adjustable FPR.
what would the relay have to do with it

·
Registered
32 Posts
A bad relay can ruin a boosted engine, I lost one once when the relay failed, fuel pump stopped under full boost and POOF!

A few things that you might want to install if you go far in your mods are a vacuum gauge & a wideband AFR setup.
A vacuum leak, spark issue or lean/rich condition could cause a miss

I only have a boost/vac gauge and Innovate LC-1 AFR (air fuel ratio) wideband setup on car.
These two gauges can tell you a lot of what is going on in the engine especially if you have/add boost.

With a wideband setup, if your car is running rich, you could adjust the FPR to compensate for the rich condition and monitor it with the AFR to make sure it is tuned right.

·
RB20DET Guru
1,860 Posts
The relay can sometimes make a car miss really badly if it is about to go out, mine caused missing so baly after i would drive up the road that i thought it might have just blown up, but later when id start it it would run fine till it got warm then start all over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts