Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
BiMmEr AdIcT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got a 93 RX7 that i have no idea how to get started, motor turns sometimes but never actually fires... I really don't know much about these cars and neither do my friends... I checked some manuals and from what i see some vaccum lines are either cut or missing...
Need someone who has experience with these motors to help me start it up, I personally don't have any time to play with it and its been sitting at a friends shop for a few weeks now ....I'll pay anyone who gets it started $100 but remember you got to know what your doing...

EDIT: Car Pics!

Attachments

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Either RX7Vinnie, RotoriousRX7(Wesley), or BoostedS14.5(Matt and his buddy/my engine builder Charles) will be able to help you out. If I wasn't in Memphis, I'd lend a hand, but alas. Good luck with it :thumbup: I love FDs. Pics?

·
BiMmEr AdIcT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pm rx7 vinnie

from what I've heard, he's fucking great with rotaries
just pm'ed thx

Either RX7Vinnie, RotoriousRX7(Wesley), or BoostedS14.5(Matt and his buddy/my engine builder Charles) will be able to help you out. If I wasn't in Memphis, I'd lend a hand, but alas. Good luck with it :thumbup: I love FDs. Pics?
pming right now,
...pics of what a mess the car is? :D lol will upload them tomorow when i drop by the shop :cool:

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
I maybe able to help sunday afternoon....check your PM for my number

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
yeah, come get this p.o.s. outta here. lol

Here is the adress.
Import Auto Connection
708 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37210

so vinnie, you train at ed clay's camp? My buddy Patrick attends there.

Him, Julian, and I are gonna be ringside at the fight tomorrow night.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
yeah, come get this p.o.s. outta here. lol

Here is the adress.
Import Auto Connection
708 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37210

so vinnie, you train at ed clay's camp? My buddy Patrick attends there.

Him, Julian, and I are gonna be ringside at the fight tomorrow night.
I know exactally where thats at. Yeah I used to train there alot when it was at 100 oaks..I kinda slowly left there BC I was overwhlemed with the everyday responsibilties but I'm gonna get back in it BC I was told I had alot of potential in Muay Thai and need to work on my ground game...but yeah I'll be there just look for a big meatheaded asian dude thats me

·
fire breathing triangle
487 Posts
well from the little pics i just see some random things out of place,but dont know when i could take a look. but just check the coils for fire, fuel supply. then if thats all good then you can start with the harder stuff.

first off
what mods are done?
engine management if one?
who did you get the car from? i may know of them and know something more.
im off on tues. but i have still got some bs stuff to do on my rx7

·
Registered
392 Posts
clean whip man g/l on gettin it running

·
Registered
462 Posts
i'm hoping your planning to get new wheels for it cuz sitting without a tire on that rear wheel cant be good for it.

pretty decent dorito you have there though good luck with it

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
I can't help you if you dont call me.......that is all I have to say

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I can't help you if you dont call me.......that is all I have to say
dude, julian is always too busy. I'll handle this. Give me your number or call me. You can come any day Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:00pm. (615) 485-8839

If you get it started, I'll pay you the $100.

btw, this offer still stands to everyone. First come, first served!

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
first off pull the plugs and make sure of good compression.
I doubt they have a rotary engine compression testor....but i do.

·
fire breathing triangle
487 Posts
I doubt they have a rotary engine compression testor....but i do.

all these years owning rotaries and you cant listen to the revoloutions to see how the compression is... just pull the plugs and crank and if it has strong pulses thats are consistant. cheap comp test but it works and youll know if it has any bad faces.

·
§†r€€† §þ€©ìå⌡ìs†™
738 Posts
saw this thing for sale on craigslist. wish i could nab it. goodluck fixing it or whatever you decide to do with it. i love FDs o_O
________
NAUGHTYSCHOOLTEEN

·
BiMmEr AdIcT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry guys been very busy, the starter on my daily driver went out and been trying to fix it up for the past few days...with work and all don't really have the time to play with it... if you guys could start it up drop by the shop and talk to Alex...
By the way motor does turn and compression is around 125 on front rotor and 120 on the rear, i've been told thats very good for a rotary...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.