Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about trading a guy for his accord and he told me that his valve cover gasket need to be replaced and because he said that oil was getting on the spark plugs, is this anything major to where i should not trade with this person.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have replaced hundreds of the seals around the spark plug holes. You can get the valve cover set from oreillys for about $20 and it comes with the valve cover gasket, the spark plug seal gaskets and new grommets to hold the valve cover down. Very common problem. I would strongly recommend inspecting the spark plug wires when you change these gaskets though because the oil will ruin the spark plug wires. It causes the wires to swell up and then they will not stay connected. The easiest way to get the oil out of the spark plug holes is to remove the spark plugs and let it drain down into the cylinder. It WILL smoke when you start the engine back up but it will burn off. I would also recommend changing the spark plugs when you take then out.

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
not enough info to answer need to know how much or what you are trading, condition, model, motor(might not be original motor), mileage, and extras if any. tring to see the whole picture here but off of what you said if that is it or all it needs it's not hard to do and it won't cost much to fix so yeah off of the info given

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be trading a jeep cherokee sport with 32's, the jeep has 215,xxx and is a automatic, the accord has 165,000 and is a 5speed

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
doesn't sound to bad and you will get better gas mileage that's for sure, well only you will be able to tell if it's worth it but those accords are good for 200000 plus and the problem it has is common with them so it seems good to me but with out seeing them it's hard to give a full answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts