• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this rig for a little over a year and i've had no problems. It runs everything smoothly even though it isn't a high end PC. Ill switch over to 64bit when Newegg decides to approve me for a credit card. Till then, im keeping this.

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @2.1GHz w/ Zalman CNPS7000Cu
Abit NF7-S v.2 w/ Zalman NB HS
ATi X700Pro 256Mb w/ Zalman VF700Cu
Thermaltake 430W PSU
Samsung Barracuda SATA 160Gb
Patriot Signature DDR400 1024Mb
Sony 12x DVD+RW
Samsung 914v 19" LCD
Microsoft Optical 3000 Mouse
Logitech Classic keyboard

I've been wanting to cut up and paint the case for a while but I never got to it. I don't know why. I tried to rush the mod because if I take my time it comes out really crappy and I loose parts. The mods are....
Swapped our POWER and HDD LED's to RED
Cut window
Painted case inside and out.

Nothing too big, I just want to see the inside. ;)

As you can see the panel has a lot of vents with a fan cut out, which leaves little room for a nice looking window.

Finished up the cuts, a little rough of course.

Cut out the front 90mm fan grill. It was very loud and air restrictive.

Did the same to the rear. With them removed, it drastically cut noise and it lowered my temps 1 degree. Not bad for a free mod.

Aluminum fan that "acts" as a heatsink but it doesn't do shit. Good thing the fan part comes off easily! You will see why later.

First few layers of clear coat or paint. I forget.

Painted the 90mm fan black.

Installed the rear fan.

Motherboard installed.

Video card installed.

PSU Installed with top added.

Another shot of the top.

The right side panel.

Front of the case with OEM 2000-2005 Si emblem. Not stolen, I bought it at a Honda dealership.

>< Forgot to turn on MACRO.

Plexi mounted. It is blue because I didn't remove the blue wrapping that protects it.

I need another LED bar to put in the bottom of the case. I didn't go with CCFL's because they are orange red, not Red.

I did the etch in 5 minutes. I could have been better but I bought the plexi .5" bigger and its a bit hard to put on the side panel. I am going to get a smaller on e and redo the etch.

Another.

I still need to do some beauty shots as these are poor.

Any opinions/comments negative or positive are welcomed.

·
No LS...no care
4,416 Posts
looks clean...you should lower it more and put some rims on it

i kid i kid :p

nice computer :thumbup:

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
Dude sweet case. I want NOS for mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KrystalGTP said:
You are truly geeky than I and that's saying something lol j/k Nice Computer Mod :D
Ehh, Geeks GF's get 24/7 Free tech support. ;)
Defc0n86NWH said:
Dude sweet case. I want NOS for mine.
Thanks man!!!
cr89x said:
WOW!!!!!!!! I WANT ONE!! the funny part is... i dont think i'm joking either.
You want a what?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
glad I bought my case with a window and fan mounts already in it.I'm to lazy to do any of that plus my motor skills in my hands are less than stellar. They are kinda shakey and I can't really hold things with out movin em a lot. No way in hell I could dremel anything straight. You want proof of this. I got a C in Art. Frickin Art.

Seriously though my motor skills in my hands really aren't that good. The only thing I can do well with my hands is type and I'm not even that good with that.

I think my case is cool looking (particularly since I love blue LED's) but yours has a special cool look to it cause you made it that way. I bought mine like it is except for the Honda badge (99 DX hatch in a Junkyard, they let me have it) and the Azumanga Daioh badges.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Techy said:
glad I bought my case with a window and fan mounts already in it.I'm to lazy to do any of that plus my motor skills in my hands are less than stellar. They are kinda shakey and I can't really hold things with out movin em a lot. No way in hell I could dremel anything straight. You want proof of this. I got a C in Art. Frickin Art.

Seriously though my motor skills in my hands really aren't that good. The only thing I can do well with my hands is type and I'm not even that good with that.

I think my case is cool looking (particularly since I love blue LED's) but yours has a special cool look to it cause you made it that way. I bought mine like it is except for the Honda badge (99 DX hatch in a Junkyard, they let me have it) and the Azumanga Daioh badges.
The fan holes were already there, I cut them out because the current holes weren't big enough and all the air would bang on it and make a loud VROoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom noise. Now it doesn't do that anymore.

StatixNWH said:
hehe i like it, good job
Thanks man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i think that is bad ace.

krystal eventho your a geek, your my awesome geek. super kool emo lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts