Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I drive a 2000 acura tl. i just had a battery go bad on me(dead cell in the battery).I replace it.Now i have the srs light on so How do i reset it??? I dont want to pay $85 for the dealer to reset.I dont want to do it the wrong way and pop my airbags.Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
You will need a scanner to reset the light sorry

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jcoosi said:
Like a odb2 reader or is there a special scanner for just the srs system? i can get a hold of a obd2 scanner

·
Honda Challenge Racer
1,029 Posts
8800honda said:
jcoosi said:
Like a odb2 reader or is there a special scanner for just the srs system? i can get a hold of a obd2 scanner
There is a special scanner for ABS.

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
8800honda said:
jcoosi said:
yes an obd2 scanner that has the ability to access the srs system alot of the code readers at the parts stores only communicate with the ecu.

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
autoxDC2 said:
8800honda said:
jcoosi said:
There is a special scanner for ABS.
we are talking about srs (supplemental restraint system) not abs (antilock brake system)

·
Registered
211 Posts
the honda scanner at the stealership

will handle both ABS and SRS codes/lights, which 90% of off-the-shelf scanners will not do....doing a hard reset on the car by pulling the battery cable and/or main/acc fuse will not do it either....unless you disconnect the SRS ECU, but then u have no urrbags...sorry man

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
on a 00 model you can jump a connector in the passenger kick panel...do a search dude its pretty easy...i did it on my gsr...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts