Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

another mk3 supra build (AIDS CURE)

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Whatawookie 
#1 ·
Just picked up another mk3 supra, I have some history with this car. I picked it up in Missouri 5 years ago. The car is a disaster but, it has a very strait body and no rust. The car has a 7mgte with a R-154 trans. The 7m has ARP headstuds and a HKS metal headgasket, CP pistons and eagle rods. It is a very solid 7m but I don't have plans to keep it for long. I'm planning on going with a 1JZ with a single setup. I always wanted to go JZ in my red supra but never did. I'm cleaning up the 7M that I have now just so the swap will go smooth. I am redoing the inside of the car first and the wiring under the hood. here is some pictures of the work so far!

Rudedawwg is a chump

1J > V10

See less See more
#11 ·
No, I sold it to the guy posting the for sale ad as a shell. I think he never completely finished the 1JZ swap and sold it back in '10.

This was it, when I had it back in '01

and my 86.5 on the dyno a year or two earlier

I've been keeping my eye out for a nice Mk3 or SC300 to do a 2JZGTE swap on, but I need to get rid of a few of my other cars first.

#9 ·
Welcome back! Interested in how far this build gets ;) don't stop half way through please... I remember seeing this car years ago in your garage (like it was in that last pic)...

#10 ·
I will not let you down Milon! This one is in better shape then the red one was when I got it, and it sure did come a long way, I just should have never stayed with the M series motor. I remember you came and got the supra TT wheels that day. yep that's the car! Hope to see your masterpiece of a supra one day soon!

#14 ·
Pfff....You can't disown your elders! Although Toyota tried. I can't believe they left out the Mk1 when they made the 15th anniversary Mk4s.

My little brother just sold his '94 5-speed SC300. His was OK, but it certainly needed some work. The AZ sun had killed the leather in it. I wish I could find a cloth interior one, but they must have sold about 5 of those. I've only ever seen 1.

#15 ·
1JZ ORDERED!! Will have some pics of it real soon, These jdm motors sit for years at a time, so I will be completely tearing it down with a new gasket set from driftmotion. I'm really debating on doing a metal headgasket and some ARP's. If any JZ guys would chime in on this idea, let me know what you think. I know a lot of people don't touch the headgasket. I will be keeping the 1J stock on the bottom end. But if I do a headgasket, I will port and polish the head.

#18 ·
Well, I know the right thing to do is to completely tear it down, I'm doing this whole build alone and I have never worked on the bottom end of a motor, I have heard horror stories of people messing up 1j's doing this. If I was aiming for over 500rwh, I would probably take it to a shop and have them do it. Headgasket is as deep as I will go. So I'm taking my chances with the stock bottom end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.