Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HKS EVC4? i just got done installing it, and im having 1 problem with the whole setup, for some reason if i boost at any level the BOV (hks ssq) does not engage(blow off), which at the moment i have kept acceleration and boost moderate until i can figure out how to set the system. anyone have any ideas on why its doing this?

on a side note im going on a rd trip back to louisville tomorrow so i have to figure this out quick

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
Were did you relocate the vacumm line for the BOV/ are you sure you hooked it back up

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jabboss1 said:
Were did you relocate the vacuum line for the BOV/ are you sure you hooked it back up
i did it according to the instructions, i ran the vacuum line from the wastegate to a t-connector, which the bov hooks into, then it runs to the step motor

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
pacodetaco said:
jabboss1 said:
Were did you relocate the vacuum line for the BOV/ are you sure you hooked it back up
i did it according to the instructions, i ran the vacuum line from the wastegate to a t-connector, which the bov hooks into, then it runs to the step motor
Have you tried switchin the lines there, if you have 2. or the actuator ma not be engagin

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jabboss1 said:
pacodetaco said:
jabboss1 said:
Have you tried switchin the lines there, if you have 2. or the actuator ma not be engagin
hmm no go

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Should the BOV vacume line be hooked up to the IM?
Sry Im no help when it comes to HKS EVC4

·
WAT.biz
5,115 Posts
Blow off valve should be directly hooked up by itself. No T's or anything. Boost gauge/controller should be ran off fpr and teed into wastegate and the nipple on the turbo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
boosted S14.5 said:
Blow off valve should be directly hooked up by itself. No T's or anything. Boost gauge/controller should be ran off fpr and teed into wastegate and the nipple on the turbo.
thats not how it was setup b4 without the auto boost, and i used this as the reference

·
a.k.a tripleJr35
1,940 Posts
boosted S14.5 said:

Kinda how mines is done....works fine and not dependant on the vac signal from a t'd off line, however the controller solenoid is fed of the compressor housing nipple and then to the wg acuator, fpr, boost gauge, map sensor and everything else runs of vac dist. block which is fed from mani.

basically dont 't off' the BOV....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts