Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VBPDC5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im new here and when i seached i couldn't find a direct answer... or maybe i just searched wrong.. anyways sorry about that, also im not sure if this is the right area for this thread

Now back on topic... I am planning on converting my Auto 01 Civic to a Manual, and since i have no clue on how to do it, imma get it professionally done. Now heres the question. Where in TN is a reputable place where i can get this done???

Also this brings up my next question. I just recently get a new tranny like 3000 miles ago.... Now should i go ahead with the conversion when i hit 100K im at 88K now. Or should i wait till 100K and swap a K20 into my civic and do the conversion then, that way i'd have 200+ hp ac compared to my 114 :/ or just save up for a new car, which would prolly be a RSX, STI, or a SI lol

·
No LS...no care
4,416 Posts
i vote save up for a different car...or swap a k20a2 into it. not worth converting to manual and then swapping...gonna cost you a lot.

im saving up for a new ride currently :wink:

·
Registered
470 Posts
You won't gain enough by doing a manual swap unless you are doing a build. Either get a manual car or do a swap.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Either new car or K20 swap. Personally I'd get a new car cause the 01-03's are my least favorite Civic. But if you really like the Civic you got then swap it. If not get an RSX Type S or a Civic Si. (That STI sounds friggin sweet too)

·
VBPDC5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the input guys...

like the main reason y i wanna convert to manual, is because i hate having my car drive me ya know... like i learned on a manual back in like 2000 and i haven't got to drive one since... its killing me! and as for the new car or swap, it would come in minimum of 2-3years down the line when i'm out of all school/grad school. So i was just looking for something fun ya know... not really looking at power gain, just cause my car has a econobox engine stock, so imma milk it for the MPG while i can :)

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
in that case just take it to a reputable shop and have the conversion done. By the time you want to swap motors, you will already have the pedals, shifter, shift linkage, master cylinder, clutch lines, etc. ready.

·
VBPDC5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Where in TN is a reputable place where i can get this done???"

·
n00b
695 Posts
if the car is stock, it would probably be more cost efficient to sell your car and buy and manual. to pay a shop to do it would be outrageous. its your car and your choice though

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
Sell it and buy a manual one. Manual conversions make sense when it's simple or scarce. Neither of these are true on your Civic.

You can probably sell yours and buy a manual one for about the same price, so your only cost would be tax. You might even find a dealer that would trade you even (they have an easier time selling slushboxes), which would cost you nothing. It's highly unlikely you'll find a shop that will convert it for free.

·
Registered
163 Posts
just to let you know...a auto to manual swap is a major pain in the ass, and it takes a lot of work so if you take it to a shop, then your probably looking at a good 2 to 3 thousand dollars in parts and labor.

I say save up for a new car.

·
Resident Douchebag
14,287 Posts
keep it, save for a new car with a manual. plenty of dd civics with manuals around if you're just looking for gas mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.