Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the dilly O, I picked up a EF sedan about 3 weeks ago with rod knock (and air conditioning!) I knew she was not going to make it home but I tried and she blew a nice hole in the block big surprise. It had a d16z6 and is running obd-1, I pulled the motor today, I picked up a good condition d16z6 short block and ok looking head for cheap (came out of a auto civic my friend took the head off for no reason basically). I pulled the motor today and was going to re-use the head on the blown block because it looked fairly clean but it has 2 burnt valves. My dillema is should I rebuild one of the heads
($$ on a d series....) or just try my luck with the head that has no burnt valves but is kinda nasty looking (possible valve stem seal issues and what not)? I know its not much of a dillema but it is good to have an outsiders point of view.

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
would try the kinda nasty looking one on the block if it was my project the nasty stuff could be a number of stuff cheap gas, no airfilter, oil blowing back into the intake through the breather/pcv valve, and it could just need a good valve lash adjustment. but you won't know til you try it. but if you have the money rebuild is going to be the way to go. then you will know it is good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts