Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Civic

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly looking at a couple beaters for around the same price. Just something to hall me and my lil girl around in. Either early 90's Accord or Civic Sedan. I love the look of a clean Accord though. But I think the lightness and Gas milage would be cool of a Civic . I would most likely not mod it. If anything close the wheel gaps some decent rims and maybe an intake just to hear the growl when I want to. I like power but thats really for my other car. Im not a honda guy but I wouldnt mind checking out the grass on the other side if the price is right. So any info and opinions would be nice.

Ben

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Well, I currently drive a B16 swapped 96 Civic CX Hatchback as my DD. It's quick and fun but stop and think about this. Civics are frickin tin cans on wheels. I'm lookin into an Accord myself for safety/comfort/cop related reasons. MY car ain't very safe (no airbags and only wieghs 2200lb), has absolutely not creature comforts outside a radio/CD Player and the motor gives me a lead foot which got me pulled over recently (no ticket though). I'm trying to get an Accord EX as a daily driver so I won't be as tempted to floor it and so I will have cruise control and power windows. NOW, when I get to the point where I can afford 2 cars at once and have the time/money to work on a project car, then I'll be right back into B or K series powered hatchbacks. For now though, I need a comfy DD that can get decent gas mileage and have cruise so when I get a job that requires me to drive 45 minutes to and then another 45 back home, I won't have to use that cinder block any more :mrgreen: . Plus my car is louder than hell on the interstate cause 4000 RPMs + straight through muffler on a hatchback = interior noise out the ass.

Personally for cartin you and your little girl around, I'd be leanin towards an Accord. More space for whatever.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I have vote'S and only one reply. hmmm well chat away fella's and gal's.... thanks Techy you really touched base with my feelings of the matter.

Oh and one voiced opinion vote counts more than a plane vote :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok there is an ex civic which is just as nice as an accord , and is what i was wanting instead of the accord that i ended up with , most civics are very nice they can have power windows , sunroofs , abs , and ect ..... granted they may not have as much room in them but i can fit 2 carseats in the back and still have room and i can do the same in the accord , plus my accord stills uses more gas then a non vtec civic maybe cause i have a heavy foot but either way it really just depends on what you want and what you can afford but me myself love the 4 door civic , and i like my 4 dr accord also the civic in 1996 was the car of the year .

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
loud3nergy said:
ny dd is in my sig..
Thanks loud you have a very nice DD but I already have a quick hatch. Getting tired of the 2 door to get my lil girl in and out of her car seat. Plus I would like my hatch to go on a diet and be a strict weekend car. So a nice comfy 4 door DD is for me.

And thanks wrx2nerchic will be thinking of your post as well.

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
Pick up a 94-01 Integra LS. You can get them with 4 doors, and they are better to drive than the Accord or the Civic. They get almost as good mileage as the Civic, too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I got a 93 Accord with 250k and still get 28-30 mpg. I have an h23 for an easy swap when I get the engine built. Got a short ram for the nice intake sound and dumped 2 inches and its an Auto with stock hubcaps. :) Love the Accord. Plenty of room and no one tries to race me every time I turn around.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you guys Im debating the two because of price. there both under 750 bucks. Ive never seen a Teg that cheap. neither a lexus. Im just going with what hand i have been delt. I went and looked at the accord. new lower ball joint and I think its good to go. The civic is said to run but missing interior pieces.That scares me cause to me that means a teen owned it and used weight reduction technigues for speed. Which in turn most likely ment it was dawged at every street light. No being a hipocrit I do that to my NX but Im looking for a DD. Thank's guys but I think the accord gets my vote. :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CARMandP said:
I got a 93 Accord with 250k and still get 28-30 mpg. I have an h23 for an easy swap when I get the engine built. Got a short ram for the nice intake sound and dumped 2 inches and its an Auto with stock hubcaps. :) Love the Accord. Plenty of room and no one tries to race me every time I turn around.
you have prety much the car I want.. in it's present form :) you need to upload some pics I didnt see any in the garage

·
Registered
463 Posts
drunkenmonkey said:
rizfenix said:
drunkenmonkey said:
I say neither and get something RWD like a Lexis SC300.
i want your car :(
I'll trade you cars.
if i had an extra supra sure lol, i'm just really sentimental towards this one. love at first sight honestly lol. i'll trade ya a ride in it one day for one in yours :thumbup:

thats honestly my next planned purchase. want the supra fully built then an is300 to drive everyday. love them man.

·
Registered
859 Posts
rizfenix said:
drunkenmonkey said:
rizfenix said:
drunkenmonkey said:
I'll trade you cars.
if i had an extra supra sure lol, i'm just really sentimental towards this one. love at first sight honestly lol. i'll trade ya a ride in it one day for one in yours :thumbup:

thats honestly my next planned purchase. want the supra fully built then an is300 to drive everyday. love them man.
Why not buy the IS and drop in the 2JZGTE in ti and have a Supra Saloon?

·
Registered
463 Posts
drunkenmonkey said:
rizfenix said:
drunkenmonkey said:
rizfenix said:
drunkenmonkey said:
I'll trade you cars.

Why not buy the IS and drop in the 2JZGTE in ti and have a Supra Saloon?
the plan is buy an IS300 throw an na-t kit to it and put down 450 SAFELY everyday. a mean comfy luxurious daily driver. no need for an engine swap when its already got a 2jz in it :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Octave236 said:
CARMandP said:
you have prety much the car I want.. in it's present form :) you need to upload some pics I didnt see any in the garage
I will post some up there when I get my new digital camera. Old one is broken.

PS. I paid $900 for my Accord. Had to do a few minor things to it (timing belt, fans, gas gauge and a/c recharge) but in all have less than $1500 in a perfectly running Accord. Love this body style.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts