Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I was too paint the entire rotor and then allow them to dry then reinstall them would this have any adverse effects on stoppin. I have some rust around the hubs and the coolin fins. I am also too lazy to tapethem up. I know that once I hit my brakes it will strip the braking surface clean. It will also leave the now rusty cover areas alone

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
jabboss1 said:
Say I was too paint the entire rotor and then allow them to dry then reinstall them would this have any adverse effects on stoppin. I have some rust around the hubs and the coolin fins. I am also too lazy to tapethem up. I know that once I hit my brakes it will strip the braking surface clean. It will also leave the now rusty cover areas alone
No. Just tape them

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
your riced out celica would stop the exact same way...in .000000000003 seconds paint would be gone off the surface.

·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZacCarter said:
jabboss1 said:
No. Just tape them
No it won't effect any thing or no don't do it?

·
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured that I wasn't sure if it would gum up the pads thow didn't want to fuck up my rice machine , I mean Nice Machine you know

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
its gonna hurt the pads before it hurts the rotors ... but its gonna be minimal damage since one stop from highway speeds will burn and strip it clean

·
Registered
73 Posts
venom_5 said:
its gonna hurt the pads before it hurts the rotors ... but its gonna be minimal damage since one stop from highway speeds will burn and strip it clean
Nah, it'll be gone before he leaves his drive way. 8-9 rotations of the wheels and it will be gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts