Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I was too paint the entire rotor and then allow them to dry then reinstall them would this have any adverse effects on stoppin. I have some rust around the hubs and the coolin fins. I am also too lazy to tapethem up. I know that once I hit my brakes it will strip the braking surface clean. It will also leave the now rusty cover areas alone
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
jabboss1 said:
Say I was too paint the entire rotor and then allow them to dry then reinstall them would this have any adverse effects on stoppin. I have some rust around the hubs and the coolin fins. I am also too lazy to tapethem up. I know that once I hit my brakes it will strip the braking surface clean. It will also leave the now rusty cover areas alone
No. Just tape them
 

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZacCarter said:
jabboss1 said:
Say I was too paint the entire rotor and then allow them to dry then reinstall them would this have any adverse effects on stoppin. I have some rust around the hubs and the coolin fins. I am also too lazy to tapethem up. I know that once I hit my brakes it will strip the braking surface clean. It will also leave the now rusty cover areas alone
No. Just tape them
No it won't effect any thing or no don't do it?
 

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured that I wasn't sure if it would gum up the pads thow didn't want to fuck up my rice machine , I mean Nice Machine you know
 

·
Super Moderhater
Joined
·
6,251 Posts
its gonna hurt the pads before it hurts the rotors ... but its gonna be minimal damage since one stop from highway speeds will burn and strip it clean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
venom_5 said:
its gonna hurt the pads before it hurts the rotors ... but its gonna be minimal damage since one stop from highway speeds will burn and strip it clean
Nah, it'll be gone before he leaves his drive way. 8-9 rotations of the wheels and it will be gone.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top