Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this lovely has been livin underneath our living room for 5 years.. before that, she had her own pole barn .... she gets started, pulled out to wash/wax, taken down the rode to get it up to temp and blow the 'rats' out. then put back up- i joke about the FD running around the shop in a robe (car-cover) and doing nothing but listening to gossip in the shop.. after all- she is- a SHE.....
i've been sticking my laptop in the ole mans face every time i see another fd with a good thread behind it. pressure from me and age-finally -i got him to break it out and start driving it- he SAYS he's gonna make it his dd this next year......we'll see.

first things first- new shoes - the orig. tires are showing drycracks- went w/ falkens. 215/50 in the front- 245/50 in the rear. still rocking the orig. oems wheels- gave up on the wheel search after a year of 'mumbo jumbo' on the rotary forums- wheel/tire choices liked- that fit- are few, and the ones we like would require rollin the fenders- that's not happenin.........

>daddy!
when he got the first wheel off, he got distracted by the flowmaster muffler-decided he didn't like it- more $$ down the drain...

took it off and replaced it -spent most of the day messing around with the exhaust & replacing the muffler i think this one looks much better- haven't heard it yet.....

here's the orig. fd oem exhaust- it lives under another project.

took the intercooler/piping out, then the airbox/intake- i cleaned it all real good, but it wasnt' dirty..... just doing what i'm told for a change :roll:

of course- changed the oil- right now running the havoline per suggestions by mazda- thinking about replacing the tiny hp1008 oil filter with 3593a fram(honda accord filter)- per another suggestion -to get better oil flow- still researchin-suggestions????.

left her hangin last night. hope we get her back together today and rolling by tommorrow- we got a date! i hope it don't rain! she's never seen rain.........and won't.

Sally's (avatar) pretty jealous.

·
Registered
431 Posts
a DD nooooooo

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Nice Ann, but I don't think I could bring myself to run anything but a Racing Beat exhaust on it :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Needs to make the run to the IA meet this weekend I think :) Very nice car Ann. I wish I had toys like that hiding under my house ;)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
do your work, tune it up, drive it on one nice sunny day then put it back under the glass case where it belongs...

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
85rx-7gsl-se said:
Nice Ann, but I don't think I could bring myself to run anything but a Racing Beat exhaust on it :D
don't even know what kind that is, he had it stashed for something else- my "that muffler is ugly as hell(flowmaster)" got him thinkin- thought about it and he just did it. i'll look into the racing beat tho :thumbup:

Sally's our # 1 roller...
on being a dd- we only put 3200 on the eg last year- this car would get less- and still be stored next to the dirty ole GN on days it's not driven- cost of tags/insurance has made him puss out 5 years in a row- AUG 1 IS TAG DAY! he won't spring till the first day of the month. (tight ass.haha) sawnuoff from the other site's been callin him out for a year now................g1 awd trac hore vs. mint fd---- hmmmmmmmm

gettin ready to wash her..... more pics later.

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spoolie said:
you never call anymore.....
arms better-off the tabs now................. no fun to talk sober :p
YOU NEVER ANSWER ON MESSENGER ANYMORE ASSHOLE.

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
back together......

so fresh.........so clean..

&

its been a real good day :beer:

·
Registered
292 Posts
all that time invested and you put cheap oil and filter on. Mobil1 and Mazda filter man, and don't give me the no synthetic in a rotary bit. Seen a 60k motor torn down that'd been running Mobil1 for years and it was clean as could be compared to the 3 other motors I've seen taken apart.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts