Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my friend is selling a 94 lexus sc 300...how much are those worth? because he doesn't know how much he wants yet. so tell me a good price.its in great condition but is an automatic...BUT it still has a 2jz... thanks for the help

·
gripNsip
3,219 Posts
How many miles does it and what kinda shap is the body???? Has the motor ben rebuilt???

·
Hater-Supreme
4,615 Posts
$3,000-$5,000. Doesn't matter if it's an auto - the entire driveline needs to come out anyways. They're heavy and slow, though, even with the almighty GTE.

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
my least favorite JZ platform ... but like moody said, i would guess $4000 +500 if its in great condition

·
gripNsip
3,219 Posts
Moody said:
$3,000-$5,000. Doesn't matter if it's an auto - the entire driveline needs to come out anyways. They're heavy and slow, though, even with the almighty GTE.
X2 then :thumbup: how much is he askin for it??

·
gripNsip
3,219 Posts
random-hero said:
he just told me to shoot him a price I figure it'll probabaly be faster than my 240 lol
true well G/L with it

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
Those cars have come down a lot. The late model ones (around 01ish I'm guessing) in great condition are still worth some money. I'd love to have one :thumbup:

·
Registered
859 Posts
yeah it has the same motor as the IS with the GE version. unless you are willing to spend about 2,5x the amount you paid for the car to replace the drivetrain and build and boost the motor Id pass on it.

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
Good2GetBlown said:
they make like 160-170whp, and weigh in at like 3800 lbs... Tyler's base model civic was dead even with mine.
Maybe with driver. The SC300 ranges from just under to just over 3500lbs, depending on year and trim. The SC400 was 75-100lbs heavier.

I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, though. They aren't break neck fast stock. It wouldn't be any faster than the 240SX.

I still like them, though. I think it's one of the best designs from a Japanese car company. I guess it's an American design, since it came form Calty.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really just want an extra car to build on that is a good platform to start on. I don't want something ungodly expensive you know

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
random-hero said:
I really just want an extra car to build on that is a good platform to start on. I don't want something ungodly expensive you know
Expensive and 2JZ go hand in hand. You cannot have a "cheap" 2JZ build unless it is either:

A. Slow

or

B. Not reliable

Your looking at around 6 grand for a decent turbo setup then how ever much to build the tranny. Hell, if I were you I would get it just to daily drive unless you plan on throwing down some cash.

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
random-hero said:
dude, you cant even do a 5-speed swap....and if you want a "built" and cant do it yourself, it definitly aint gonna be cheap

·
RB20DET Guru
1,860 Posts
Jason just keep the fucking 240! better yet sell it to me i have all the stuff to do the 5 speed swap, i also have everything for an rb swap. Hell u dont know what u want and that is ur problem.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do know what I want... if u read the whole thing, I want an EXTRA car. one for fun and one as a dd and I don't have a fuckin problem

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
he wants like 9000 grand with it.imagine what I could do to the 240 with that much man it could be very nice

1 - 20 of 24 Posts