Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for car financing advice. I have the car already and its fantastic. Affording its not a problem, but the problem i've run into is i had some unexpected changes and i need a car with more interior room/ trunk/ more seating. My question is: If i were to trade it in, is there any way I could not get absolutely fucked? I've only payed the first two payments on it, but because of mileage on it its still worth more than i owe on it. I'd like to move to a 4 door civic stick. Doesnt have to be loaded like the rsx, just dont want super old..tons of miles...clapped out bullshit. Any knowledgable people on here who have advice? If yur gunna give me a haha..or you made a fucking bad decision..then stay out of the thread. Oh..and for anyone wondering..the car in question is a 2006 acura rsx base. Super clean. Again, keep in mind I can afford payments without a problem, so thats not the issue. kbb in the condition its in with clear car fax last time i checked was 4100 baconators.yes thats kbb..but gotta have some kind of reference.

G

·
hobbit, i hate to say this, but anytime you buy from a car lot, they have a marked up price. when someone comes to trade in a car, they give them a lowballin offer and say "thats all we can do", because they're in the business to make money off of your vehicle.

so what happens is you have the added interest that is an additional cost on the vehicle you're trading in + they shoot you a much lower offer than you bought it for, it's like getting raped back to back...

consumer reports say never buy a car in which you can't pay off in 3 years, they say this because it keeps you from having a loan on a car that is higher than the monetary value of the vehicle...

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
sell what you have plus what you have saved and buy something with cash

then save some more and when u sell it plus your savings buy something a little nicer with cash

repeat

and you'll never have to finance a car! :thumbup:

·
Lurker
356 Posts
well first thing, dealers do not, i repeat, do not go by kbb.
they go by black book and auction values.
if your car is worth 10k on kbb, and they see that they sell in the auto auction for 7k, they will not give you more than 7k for it.

you should go to a dealership, carmax is a great place, and have the car appraised, they give a fair market trade in value for your car.
plus, if they offer more than the dealer you are buying from, take it to them, sale it to them then go buy your car from the other dealer.

·
Registered
431 Posts
u havent even begun to put a dent in the interest alone dude just keep making your payments for atleast a year before u even try and get an offer from a dealer my car kbb's 12.2 but all i can get at work is like 9.5 and they are selling base models every day for 16.8 its a fucked up business but everybody has to make money stick with what you got cuz even if you sell it you are still have it with out the joy of driving it...i hope that makes sense

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well..

thanx for the info guys..i guess i'll just have to sit on it for a little bit. Like i said, I'm not in a hurt for money, so I was just seeing what my options were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts