Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
Looks pretty good...would be better if my car or one of my father's cars was in it though :p

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jdmpwr07 said:
Looks pretty good...would be better if my car or one of my father's cars was in it though :p
Still interested. I'll pm you this week and see if we can get something together.

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Just maintain a focus. You can't win by covering everything, and you'll be redundant. Follow a specific form of racing, a specific genre, or better yet, just follow the local stuff like you've been doing. If you cover (or recover) any big non-local events or racing, put a personal twist on it, etc, or just avoid it altogether. Determining what subject matter is interesting and well covered is always a job, but well worth it if you plan to maintain an interesting blog.

Don't worry you can always expand and grow your focus point later when you have the means to cover things and be original outside of your focus area.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ventolin said:
Just maintain a focus. You can't win by covering everything, and you'll be redundant. Follow a specific form of racing, a specific genre, or better yet, just follow the local stuff like you've been doing. If you cover (or recover) any big non-local events or racing, put a personal twist on it, etc, or just avoid it altogether. Determining what subject matter is interesting and well covered is always a job, but well worth it if you plan to maintain an interesting blog.

Don't worry you can always expand and grow your focus point later when you have the means to cover things and be original outside of your focus area.
I have a feeling drag racing is where it's going to be at. Seeing how most of our clients at work have the dragsters and such and ask me to come to Union Hill all the time. I enjoy it just as anything else. I'll keep at it. Page views are about 100 a day, and I have a few subscribed to the rss feeds, and have been doing a lot of SEO stuff.

·
pwned your mom...twice
6,174 Posts
I like the layout and the updates you keep doing alot. It's nice seeing something local that looks like it's on a professional level...

Brad, i've been meaning to talk to you. When we're both home, I believe me and the NSX need to get acquainted

·
Sunny Side Crew
293 Posts
I think the white background doesn't have enough excitement to the site. People are interested on how things appear to be. For example, the company I work for did a survey for the customers to fill out when they recieved their product. Believe it or not, a major complaint was how the box looked. So it went from a light blue box with a picture of a lady talking on the phone to a sleek black box with a little bit of silver graphics on it. What is your site going to do for the audience to catch their attention? Is it your coverage? articles? looks alone? What's going to make me pay attention to your stuff vs. the others on this massive place called the internet. I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TigerBallZ said:
I think the white background doesn't have enough excitement to the site. People are interested on how things appear to be. For example, the company I work for did a survey for the customers to fill out when they recieved their product. Believe it or not, a major complaint was how the box looked. So it went from a light blue box with a picture of a lady talking on the phone to a sleek black box with a little bit of silver graphics on it. What is your site going to do for the audience to catch their attention? Is it your coverage? articles? looks alone? What's going to make me pay attention to your stuff vs. the others on this massive place called the internet. I hope that helps.
The background has been my biggest problem, trying to find on that works has been a bit challenging. I want to use a gradient, but it would have to be a long gradient due to the length of the articles.

So if i were to do summarys would most of my readers click on to the next page to read the full article? I have been wondering that myself.

If I do summaries it should cut down on the length of the page and I can do a simple gradient background.

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
ramman434 said:
I like the layout and the updates you keep doing alot. It's nice seeing something local that looks like it's on a professional level...

Brad, i've been meaning to talk to you. When we're both home, I believe me and the NSX need to get acquainted
I'm back home for Thanksgiving and winter break. I'll let you know the dates when I look at my schedule :thumbup:

·
Hater-Supreme
4,615 Posts
Ventolin said:
Just maintain a focus. You can't win by covering everything, and you'll be redundant. Follow a specific form of racing, a specific genre, or better yet, just follow the local stuff like you've been doing. If you cover (or recover) any big non-local events or racing, put a personal twist on it, etc, or just avoid it altogether. Determining what subject matter is interesting and well covered is always a job, but well worth it if you plan to maintain an interesting blog.Don't worry you can always expand and grow your focus point later when you have the means to cover things and be original outside of your focus area.
This is the best dead-on advice in this thread. I concur completely.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AutoLuxuryGTR said:
you should write articles on cars you shoot and interview the owners....
I pretty much do that now? LOL. I just didn't ask you about your car because it's stock. :p Badass, but stock.

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
From the ones I have read they are good.Always a different banner at top with another car in it.Pics are always killer and seems to always be about racing and not only catering to the import side of it.I grew up on old school muscle and have a love for both.I agree with Tiger on the white background.

Cliffs Notes: Keep up good work
Find a new background

·
Official Beer tester
443 Posts
ZacCarter said:
I have been working on the new project for about 2 months now.

I get about 100 page views a day as it sits.

Always looking for some was to improve. If you were visiting a blog what would you want to see everyday?

http://www.miles-magazine.com/wordpress/
NUDITY or close to it. The reason i say this and old people will remeber . Remeber back in the 80's an early 90's superstreet, street rod, all them car mag's before primedia got it never really sold good. But when they picked them up and started showin eye candy Boom Bam they was sellin like hot cake's. It wouldnt be hard to get girls to get pic's of either. Holler at the guys over at dropjawmag.com they can get ya set up with local girls that need pic's done.

You can focus on one type of the car scene and get more of just those type of people to view but it'd be hard to find new news daily to keep them interested and coming back. You got a good idea though. Should post stuff for people interested in the east coast/southern scene's. If you think about it all we ever see on big website's or in mags is from the southern california region. And just from people on this site you can tell that everyone here has varied taste's.

I'd like to see info or coverage/interviews on notable shop's or people in the scene just from TN or local near us. Post some info on place's that are known hangouts for car people/place's to cruise to.

On another note you an the guys should do a podcast and place it up on itunes. That'd be a awesome free way to get the word out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts