·
92 Si HB-EH3
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?????

·
Skrim FML
5,392 Posts
Depends on whose selling the particular cams.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
I got mine for 200 almost new....
but I also sold them for 370

Id wait thats on the high end

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
go with the ctr but make sure to change your valve springs to itr/ctr dual valve springs or any similar dual valve springs.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
^^ Correct

·
Registered
5 Posts
$360 new or used?If new thats a pretty good deal,Id buy em...like everyone says though,upgraded valve springs and you may as well do your lost motion assemblies if they're noisy (like mine) while your replacing the cams.

·
Banned
60 Posts
depends on your setup.. NA use ctr, turbo applications, ive tried both,as well as RLZ in concord,nc.. and believe it or not made more power with ITR's in a turbocharged engine

for almost that price you can have custom cams....funny kids.

your point?? you can make the same power if not more with OEM cams... and you can find them for a decent price online.. less then $350.00

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
Really depends on what you are using them for and what engine you are putting them in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OP, it depends on what you are trying to do. For sub-650 whp boost get a $40 set of GSR cams. For all-motor, get some inexpensive Brian Crower cams. At no time buy anything "JDM" as the Yen vs the Dollar means you get raped on the deal especially when it's a factory cam aka worthless if you want performance.

2001 USDM ITRs are the same as CTRs.
Actually 00-01 ITR are the same. Whoopty-doo, 3 extra degrees intake cam duration. A stock D16 with a $60 eBay cast manifold and 25 year old T3 on an eBay basemap embarrasses a Hype-R any day of the week. Those cars suck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts