Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok whats guys.. im back wit my bag of worries lolz..

uhh my distributor is working and i know itz not the distributor cause i took a working distributor out anuther car (i have a 99 civic si, i took it out of a GS-R) and my car still isnt working is there something that will not make my distributor work in my car?? im thinkin ECU?? maybe.. i have checked fuses and all that ish and im good on the end just still a lilttle stumped

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
Can you be more specific as to what is not working on it?Is it not sparking?

·
Registered
130 Posts
sorry i wasnt more specific when i got the other dizzy i had spark then i had my friend come out and look at it later that night and i didnt have spark any longer.. it was a slow spark at that.. is there something in my car that cud make a dizzy not work because like i said i got anuther working dizzy out of anuther car driven to me and we took that one out and put it in my car and still did not work..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^

sorry that was me up dere i keep signin onto to diff computers lolz and they be on here

G

·
if you still are not getting spark with the other working dizzy then it has to be wiring related. ECU doesn't really have anything to do with it.

is the dizzy upside down?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im guessing thatz worse case scneario im soo close to taking it to honda

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
i don't no about b series but on other honda motor the dizzy only goes on one way but is you are geting spark then not check the ground wire on all grounding points but mainly check the battery to the body - wire i got a civic for 100 bux once because of this, dude was pissed

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
B series are the same way only goes in one way.

Check the black/yellow stripe wire to see if it has battery voltage with key on if not check #9 fuse in the underdash fuse box to see if its blown.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^

again guys that was me lolz

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good idea imma try that

G

·
No it can go on 2 ways. The little thing that connects to the cam can be turned 1 way or 180 degrees the opposite way. having it turn the opposite way of what valves the cam is lifting will cause your car not to fire.

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
No it can go on 2 ways. The little thing that connects to the cam can be turned 1 way or 180 degrees the opposite way. having it turn the opposite way of what valves the cam is lifting will cause your car not to fire.
Nope the fin sticking out the end of the dist is offset to one side.And it would still spark just not start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts