Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Whats your favorite way to make power?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Great way to start things off, Matt.

I think turbocharging will probably win out, consider most of us drive imports. I could be wrong, though. :p

I already know what you picked!

·
Father Time
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course you know what I voted for. Even if I was working on a small block v8 i'd still turbo it. :twisted:

G

·
My favorite way acually is what I use. There is no engine in my car. Its a conveyor belt with a bunch of hamsters. Its really clean energy and saves me a fortune on gas. The hamsters get exspensive though. You though blowing a head gasket was bad. You havent seen anything yet...

·
Father Time
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my integra has hamsters. When they blow it looks like they got hit with a hammer.

G

·
im gonna have to pick the turbo. considering i got a d17 motor, the ONLY way to make my car fast is by turboing it or engine swap. plus i like the sound of the turbo whistling and the BOV chirping. :D its hot

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
for my B-Series I like all motor but I so wanna take the D16Z6 out of my totaled 95 Civic EX Coupe and drop it in something like a CRX or a 92-95 Civic Hatch back and turbo the living crap out of it.

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
Of course... I may be a bit biased... but nothing gets me going more than a nice shrill whine from a blown V8/V6.

I have driven turbo imports, and have personally owned one. But I just LOVE the sound of a supercharger, and the near instant power it puts out.

·
Father Time
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like how blowers sound but I could never get over the lost power from being belt driven.

G

·
I love all motor cause i mean anyone can go slap a turbo on a honda and make it fast but i want to show people what i can do with an all motor car. I plan on getting some decient #'s out of my jdm gsr.

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
And I seriously think that is what is up with all motor setups... it shows what one is capable of in ways of parts, and driving as well...

I can seriously respect an all motor build that puts out some nice WHP numbers, maybe more than a boost fed motor. It shows what one person/shop is capable of.

·
Father Time
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I respect a well put together all motor setup but i'll never do one unless its with something larger than 4 cyl or has more displacement than 3L. IMO its too much time and money for such a small increase in power. I know some people with some very good honda n/a builds but to truely make them fast enough for my taste you'd cross over the line of daily driveable. They sound good.

·
No LS...no care
4,416 Posts
id have to say a turbo is one of the best ways to make horsepower...but not the cheapest or most reliable. personally i like all motor and i plan to go that route on the rsx. k24 FTW.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts