Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a class this semester on digital photography. These pictures are from a project on times during the day and color correction. I'm using a S700 Fujifilm and Adobe Photoshop CS2. Thoughts and comments are welcome.

·
Drives
3,052 Posts
I have to say I have seen a lot better from you brad. Number 2 is the best of the
bunch. Go and retake some photos

·
Registered
185 Posts
Your focus seems off... I like the first one, but I don't think you're digging the pics as much as you'd like to... find a different angle...

·
Get Busy Living
4,218 Posts
super out of focus...just take a ton of pictures, even if they look bad or dont think they will turn out good, but just keep trying different angles or subjects.

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was my first shot at using manual mode. I'm still not perfect with adjusting the shutter speed and aperture. I know I need some improving and that's why I asked for comments...

·
Registered
125 Posts
most of them just look like its motion blur, your speed is too slow you don't need to be shottin gunder 1/60th of a second hand holding (now before everyone gets all upset by this its the general rule and there's a rather tricky mathmatical equation to the real rule and yes with practice you can improve this)

next take the meter guy in your camera and USE him. he's there for a reason. fiddle with all the dials until he's hanging out in the middle. then see what kind of exposeure you're gettng if you can't hand hold it, adjust both the speed and aperture until its back in the middle again. its like a level on a piece of wood. THEN you can decide if you want to go darker than average or lighter than average. (thats what the middle gives you...)

auto focus for the win. people think that auto focus is cheating. i dunno why. in this aspect that camera is better than my eye because my eyes suck. trust the auto focus.

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice...so I need to turn the shutter speed up?...or down? I have a tripod but it's annoying to lug everywhere. I usually tried to get it in the middle maybe a little on the - side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts