Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B18B1

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently reading up and learning as much as i can b4 i start doing things to my car.this is my first car and i wanna do it rite. ive researched a lot and ive narrowed my choice of engines down.b16 and b18b1.both seem to be a good platform for a first swap. my car is a 4 door EJ6.all i want for this car is to have a fun car for dd and have a lil get up and go.

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
B18B1. It will give you decent power and still burn regular gas, which is nice for a DD.

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
Whatawookie said:
B18B1. It will give you decent power and still burn regular gas, which is nice for a DD.
I agree... I drive a 00 Si civic daily and it sucks putting 93 octane in it... i would opt for the b18 to start with that and if your car is not vtec from the factory it will make the wiring easier for your first swap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wut gas works best with it?

i dont have the engine but i was leaning towards it.just listenin to opinions.does putting other gases make a difference?

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
well it can once you really start getting into motor building... but the B16 requires 93 octane gas because its runs higher compression. basically the higher compression you run the higher octane gas you must use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think an important part is what are your goals for the car and what is your budget.. then we have a better understanding and can explain why this engine or that engine is better for you

·
Registered
70 Posts
my b16 runs fine with out running 93octane in it!!! i have seen no performence gains or loss in either!! good luck with your build!!!

·
n00b
695 Posts
250 hp is a lot without boost. for a first swap, i would recommend the b18. its straight forward, fairly easy to do in an afternoon with a couple buddies over, and the engines are pretty easy to come by. if you need any help, let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah 200 to 250 is just a range

im goin with FI. i dont want to turbo or supercharge it bc its my dd. i just want a clean setup that has a lil kick to it.after the swap is complete ill look into gettin intake and other parts.i still havent got an engine.tryin to get a good one for a good price.after that ill have to address the exhast, axels, shift linkage, ecu, mounts, etc.and workin at BK isnt gonna get it done.

·
n00b
695 Posts
Re: yeah 200 to 250 is just a range

4dooor98lxcivic said:
im goin with FI.
as in... forced induction?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes

yeah. jdm password has some good intakes as well as AEM. im not that knowlegable(sp) about things but i do know that.

·
n00b
695 Posts
forced induction implies the use of a turbocharger, supercharger, or nitrous.

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
H22 big block swap it FTW

·
n00b
695 Posts
4dooor98lxcivic said:
nvm.gotta lot 2 learn.one problem:exhast-do companies make hybrid systems?
what do you mean by hybrid? as in an exhaust for your civic that will bolt up to a b series engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
from wut ive read its very difficult and a tight fit.

this is my first swap. keepin it very simple and goin with wut i know and im not tryin to be billy bad ass with my 4 door;just something that has a lil kick and can fit girls in da front and back :D :thumbup: :wink: . ive also heard that you have to have custom intake among other things.

·
n00b
695 Posts
when it comes to a honda, especially a civic, you can buy just about anything to fit your application.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts