Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MR2 Owner
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone go to the Import Alliance and see the car across from the garage under the tent next to the trailer that was next to the dyno. It may have been a Supra, anyways it had a flat black paint on it. I was just wondering if that's some special paint or just that, flat black.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
I have a pic but dont feel like uploading it. If someone else doesnt then I guess I will.
Do you want the pic?

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Here, the only two I have are really Shitty.

Is this it?

BTW i'm pretty sure this paint job cost around 10grand...

·
MR2 Owner
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jose-Aka-Pedro said:
Here, the only two I have are really Shitty.

Is this it?

BTW i'm pretty sure this paint job cost around 10grand...

yeah that's it. 10 grand? why so expensive? what kind of paint is it?

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
idk its just something I heard.

·
WAT.biz
5,115 Posts
You will have to spray the flat black and they make a special clear to spray over it. If it was just a normal flat black car itd dirty as hell all the time and fading.

·
MR2 Owner
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boosted S14.5 said:
You will have to spray the flat black and they make a special clear to spray over it. If it was just a normal flat black car itd dirty as hell all the time and fading.
yeah I don't want to do that. My car needs a respray but I don't want to spend $3-5K. I just really liked that flat black...yeah no primer for me

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
yea the paint job itself is just like any other paint - the color code is just a flat black tho .... like matt said ^, the clearcoat is whats different - its made to protect the paint like any other, but doesnt make it glossy like most clear coats do

·
Registered
46 Posts
if im not mistaken i think its either dupont or house of color that makes a flat black paint its called hot rod black if u tell me what kind of car ure wanting to paint i can see if i can get a quote of it for ya just pm me and ill see what i can do

·
MR2 Owner
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jdmyo said:
if im not mistaken i think its either dupont or house of color that makes a flat black paint its called hot rod black if u tell me what kind of car ure wanting to paint i can see if i can get a quote of it for ya just pm me and ill see what i can do
It's my car, 92 MR2...small car, I may not spray the hood and just get carbon fiber I have a couple small dings and a fender that's rippled = (

·
RocketDevil
243 Posts
Add flattening agent to the clear. :wink:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
j-blood said:
Add flattening agent to the clear. :wink:
very true statement right there but you can have as much flattening agent as you would like to make a little different effect and it really isn't any more expensive than a normal paint job but you want to make sure the person doing the body work is very good because a paint job like that will show any bad body work alot.

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
thats the same shit that was on rob and big's off mtv.on thier suv.
its not 10k
you can go buy the paint. its 600 a gal.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i know its not the same thing so dont flame but u can buy flat black paint clear coat at like any auto parts store for cheap someone paint something and see how it turns out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts