Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want a daily dose of first-world problems, you've come to the right place. Let me preface this by saying I feel like the world's biggest idiot right now.

Finally picked up my 110 yesterday, and I have the clear sight rearview mirror (so I have that fin thing on the top of the car that holds the camera). I had previously measured this out, but not taking into account the extra 3" or so of fin on the top. Long story short, BARELY managed to get the car in the garage, but now I'm realizing the metal beam on the door would rip this camera right out if I backed out of the garage (it's angled and extends about 2" from the door, so I have like half an inch of clearance going in, but none if trying to back out). So now I am waiting for a garage door guy to come and help me get the car out.

Does anyone have any helpful hints? Similar stories? is it possible to extend the tracks on a garage door so that the door will lift up an extra couple of inches?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you want a daily dose of first-world problems, you've come to the right place. Let me preface this by saying I feel like the world's biggest idiot right now.

Finally picked up my 110 yesterday, and I have the clear sight rearview mirror (so I have that fin thing on the top of the car that holds the camera). I had previously measured this out, but not taking into account the extra 3" or so of fin on the top. Long story short, BARELY managed to get the car in the garage, but now I'm realizing the metal beam on the door would rip this camera right out if I backed out of the garage (it's angled and extends about 2" from the door, so I have like half an inch of clearance going in, but none if trying to back out). So now I am waiting for a garage door guy to come and help me get the car out.

Does anyone have any helpful hints for garage door replacement Chesapeake? Similar stories? is it possible to extend the tracks on a garage door so that the door will lift up an extra couple of inches?
thanks in advance for any help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts