Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently the hurricane is causing oil refineries to shut down in TX because of evacuations and such.

I was told by several that gas is supposed to go up by like a 1.25 by tommorow! :shock:

I thought it was a bit extreme, but customers at work tonight were saying it had already topped 4 dollars tonight in Manchester.

So dunno if this is legit but i filled up a 3.49 tonight!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn its already happening!

this is gonna blow for a little while

they say people face certain death if they dont leave

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah I heard the same stuff. On my way home from work though I noticed I was below a 1/4 tank so I filled up.

The first 3 stations I went to on my way home were completely full at 10 at night! It would be funny if this turned out to be simple rumor. lol

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea some tables in the restaurant were talking about seeing 4.50 tonight

hope they were exagerating! :thumbdown:

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
This is stupid speculation. I have heard everything from a 10 cent hike to a 2 dollar hike. I know it is gonna raise but I doubt it has to raise that much.But here is what I just experienced.

I actually needed gas bc I was on empty and I left work to get gas. I pull up to the Mapco in front of Dodge's Chicken in Hendersonville and they are packed..............at 11:10 PM. So I am waiting in line and I look over and this ******* is driving his company car hauler and has his two personal vehicles on the back waiting to fill all of them up. O and then leaving some @ss comes flying into the gas station and almost clips my bumper. I swear some people are just stupid.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
I've got a pipeline from Saudi Arabia to my backyard...so I'm cool

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
true or not if its already over 4 bucks tonight its likely to go up a bit more

which sucks for anyone and everyone

i know on the gulf coast they are talking about 5 bucks a gallon

but still 4 sucks ass

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
I am going to Gatlinburg tomorrow it sucks for me.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
well Im on empty and I can't get gas till tomm.
Oh well...

·
Registered
86 Posts
i dont get this shit, they say hardly any oil the us uses comes from america, yet a hurricane hits and gas prices skyrocket, while oil prices are dropping, they are just looking for an excuse to rape us

·
Registered
431 Posts
hasnt changed a bit here in murfreesboro and the guys from work said it didnt change at all in manchester who was it on here that was a smart ass and told me it takesd 2 weeks for any change to take place?? yeah i guess this supports their theory

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yep nothing changed at all in the boro, maybe nashville? The exxon in Nashville right by 9th always seems like $.25 more every time I go by it lol, so that could explain the whole $4 thing..

·
Casey
2,027 Posts
Last time i checked...we already went waaaay above $4 this year. I know...cuz ive been doing high test all this year. I filled up the other day and it was 4.05. So $4 is no news to me. $5 would hurt, but in the end, i will still need gas, so it wont matter

1 - 20 of 89 Posts