Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since i cant get a hold of my own car becuase of friends and helping them but they wanting money for other things i have to pay for and my parents not really wanting to help me....im thinking about working on my dads car....its an 03 ford tarus....yeah i dont know how far i would get with this thing but its got a good jump....im just seeing if it is possible to make it faster or do engine work to it.....im also trying to get experence and learn how to work on cars...so just seeing if possible to do this to a ford.
 

·
pwned your mom...twice
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
Possible to do to a Ford, yes. To an '03 Taurus? Just working on it won't be a problem, doing maintenance and stuff like that. Modding it will be next to impossible. There's a very very small aftermarket for it. I had a friend who tried modding his '04. He couldn't find anything so he ended up making an air intake on his own w/spare piping and a cone filter. That was as far as he could really get.
 

·
OG founder
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Aside from making an intake, and you can get a custom exhaust done at any muffler shop and a muffler
from where you buy one, I dont see much else..

Ebay has drilled rotors,


..............And thats about it. lol
If you need a car yea take it. Sell it and get whatever you want. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im prolly going to give it a shot atleast.....its better then nothing...so what about an egnine swap? possible...not possible?
 

·
WAT.biz
Joined
·
5,115 Posts
juggalo_cloak said:
yeah im prolly going to give it a shot atleast.....its better then nothing...so what about an egnine swap? possible...not possible?
i mean, anything is possible, however i highly doubt you have enough money, skills, or time to do so.
 

·
Internet Warrior
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
juggalo_cloak said:
yeah im prolly going to give it a shot atleast.....its better then nothing...so what about an egnine swap? possible...not possible?
my rule of thumb with engine swaps are, if you have to ask, you dont even need to perform general maintainence on your ride.

yeah you have an idea, and yea its not the best one ever...

you could swap anything in a ford taurus, and it'd be a bit of a waste,
sho's are the "superhigh output" model and run 15's, my stock ass civic run's 15s bro.

i'm still confused on why you cant get your own car...

but none the less, do what you wanna do, fix it up if you want. it'll be just another car that humors me on the road.
 

·
horizontally opposed
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
if it was an SHO you could find a few things. Even then though there is still a small aftermarket for them.
 

·
BURN UNIT APPLICANT
Joined
·
780 Posts
juggalo_cloak said:
ok since i cant get a hold of my own car becuase of friends and helping them but they wanting money for other things i have to pay for and my parents not really wanting to help me....im thinking about working on my dads car....its an 03 ford tarus....yeah i dont know how far i would get with this thing but its got a good jump....im just seeing if it is possible to make it faster or do engine work to it.....im also trying to get experence and learn how to work on cars...so just seeing if possible to do this to a ford.
Do you know what.... this was my myspace horoscope for today...

Sunday, September 7
Unusual and exciting new friends may have wild secrets or bizarre hobbies. You will find that people are suddenly coming into and out of your life right now. Avoid the online chat rooms today. They will be full of people with some strange ideas.

:shock:
 

·
pwned your mom...twice
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
sigurd said:
if it was an SHO you could find a few things. Even then though there is still a small aftermarket for them.
That's if it doesn't break on them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
the mighty ford taurus, lol.... i dont know man, like the saying goes, the only dumb idea is an unexplored idea. or was that the only dumb question is one unanswered? either way the ford taurus equals fail.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top