Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Casey
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its been out for a week now? Thoughts? Likes/dislikes?

At first I thought the map would be HUGE since it was hidden, but after driving around the whole island, it doesnt seem as big. But its defiinitelly extensive and indepth, esp when you get outside the city and up on the mountains.

I'm only 31% into the game(just did the 2nd big heist, submarine/freighter heist). And earning money in the game is very slow. I know you will eventually start making big money as seeing what the price tag is to purchase the golf club property.
So far I have only purchased the bar off the highway and, and the dock where the sub is. Im trying to save money so franklin can purchase the los customs shop. Has anyone done this yet? Does it make modifying cars free?

Random side map-blip side missions(the ones that make the map flash and blue dot appears), Ive had a few times where returning a car yields an award later on in the game, but has anyone yielded an award for returning cash or wallets? Seems like you are better off just keeping the cash on those occasions.

And what cars you liking? My favorites have been the c7 corvette, the ferrari/alfa romeo, and the MB SL5000(thing is quick and fast!). Ive also seen one bugatti parked the first hour i was playing the game. I grabbed it and threw it in a garage, but forgot to save the game, so it disappeared. Havent seen another once since. Also have a big lifted ford f250 that i want to mod, just havent wanted to waste money on it(trying to save money to purchase properties).

And thoughts on the stock market? Ive got some money invested into it(besides the obvious $100k you get for free from a certain mission). So far I havent seen much of a profit from the ones ive chosen. But we'll see.

·
Resident Douchebag
14,286 Posts
Have you invested in the companies that Lester tells you to before the assassination missions? You can make quite a bit that way.

·
EF U
2,510 Posts
im about 50% through the game & im still not making big money so ive done the money glitch a few times. but i do own the los customs shop & everything is free for that character. I havnt been awarded for returning wallets bbut i have been awarded like 25k for saving a chick who was about to get rapped by the shore. & i hear if you run into a lil boy who wants to find his stoolin bike he will give you 50k later in the game.

I really like driving the pagani but i havnt seen it outside of a mission & the only time iv seen the bugatti is in cutseens.

·
Registered
783 Posts
im about 50% through the game & im still not making big money so ive done the money glitch a few times. but i do own the los customs shop & everything is free for that character. I havnt been awarded for returning wallets bbut i have been awarded like 25k for saving a chick who was about to get rapped by the shore. & i hear if you run into a lil boy who wants to find his stoolin bike he will give you 50k later in the game.

I really like driving the pagani but i havnt seen it outside of a mission & the only time iv seen the bugatti is in cutseens.
i only did the first few missions. i really need to start doing them!!

·
Maxima Guru
4,097 Posts
I think Im at like 25% (not positive), I'm currently sourcing the sub and helicopter

any tips for that?

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts

I helped that kid. I'm 24% thru.

·
Install Tech
3,780 Posts
You know about the hidden briefcase in the sunken ship glitch/cheat with 25g's in it? I haven't done it yet but you can do it over and over again

My favorite car so far is the bootleg Ford GT

Also does anyone know if doing the flight school helps with the terrible controls of flying helicopters/planes?

·
Maxima Guru
4,097 Posts
You know about the hidden briefcase in the sunken ship glitch/cheat with 25g's in it? I haven't done it yet but you can do it over and over again

My favorite car so far is the bootleg Ford GT

Also does anyone know if doing the flight school helps with the terrible controls of flying helicopters/planes?
I have Michael at 100/100 flying. Planes are easier but helicopters are still a PITA

·
Resident Douchebag
14,286 Posts
The Bugatti usually spawns over close to where the jewelry heist was. It pops up regularly there. I got one and stashed it in Franklin's garage.

As far as money, as I was saying earlier, put all of your money in the stock that Lester tells you in the assasination missions. Do this with each character too since the stocks aren't character dependent. Example, the cigarette juror assassination, invest in the competition so when the case can't proceed, the stocks go up quickly and you make 25-50% profit. I'm only 23% through the game right now though because I've spent so much time dicking around all over the map. The map isn't as big as I thought, but still has plenty of fun stuff to do.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When you buy the old dock, find all the nuclear waste with the sub. You get $23k a pop and theres 30 of them, you get an achievement for finding them all too. They are the red things on the sonar app on your phone. I almost bought the hangar at the big airport but didn't want to spend too much. I think the map is amazing. My only disappointment is that you can't drive trains, loved doing that in san andreas.

Has anyone flown a large jet? I was wondering if maybe you get that when you buy the big hangar. The drug trafficking missions are fun too in the plane and buggy.

·
Maxima Guru
4,097 Posts
The Bugatti usually spawns over close to where the jewelry heist was. It pops up regularly there. I got one and stashed it in Franklin's garage.

As far as money, as I was saying earlier, put all of your money in the stock that Lester tells you in the assasination missions. Do this with each character too since the stocks aren't character dependent. Example, the cigarette juror assassination, invest in the competition so when the case can't proceed, the stocks go up quickly and you make 25-50% profit. I'm only 23% through the game right now though because I've spent so much time dicking around all over the map. The map isn't as big as I thought, but still has plenty of fun stuff to do.
Just made 225k off of the Hotel Assassination mission with Lester, I had a profit return of 81.5%

Afterward I purchased Los Santos Customs and dumped the left over cash (from Franklin) in Ammunation ... and $200k from Michael into Ammunation.

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
Maxima Guru
4,097 Posts

·
jewsaw
2,140 Posts
Can't decide if its worth buying.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i hope you all realize that the game gets better buy playing through the story (IE: better weapons, more money, etc)
im going to start playing the game here soon. I just like to get used to the map and everything else before i start the actual game.

·
Resident Douchebag
14,286 Posts
I do this 95% of the time. On my way to do a mission I'll shoot/fight somebody then get the cops to chase me. I get sidetracked in that game far too easily.
Same here. There is so much going on. I always end up fighting the trannies. It's really fun with Trevor because in rage mode he'll jump in the air and slap the shit out of them.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts