Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
simple version..no you need an h22,h23, or f23(bored 1mm over) block. You can put the h22 head on the f22 block provided you buy a bunch of random parts needed for the swap but the problem is your f22 block is 85mm and the h22 head is 87mm..The result when mated together=detonation=death of your engine in a short period of time and before you ask the question you cannot bore your f22 to 87mm or you'll have a lovely cracked sleeve in no time

· Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
Just do a h22 swap.

· Registered
217 Posts
simple version..no you need an h22,h23, or f23(bored 1mm over) block. You can put the h22 head on the f22 block provided you buy a bunch of random parts needed for the swap but the problem is your f22 block is 85mm and the h22 head is 87mm..The result when mated together=detonation=death of your engine in a short period of time and before you ask the question you cannot bore your f22 to 87mm or you'll have a lovely cracked sleeve in no time

I have personally built a f22 with h22 pistons and cylinder head. So no it is not impossible, but it is complicated and not worth the trouble.

Erin

· Registered
857 Posts
I have personally built a f22 with h22 pistons and cylinder head. So no it is not impossible, but it is complicated and not worth the trouble.

Erin
Like said above....it is possible, now, question is is it worth the money on extra parts and machine work to have it done?? NO!

Erin speaks the truth! Not worth the trouble to do

· Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,388 Posts
just build the f22... there is a company (not sure which one) that put down over 300 NA on a single cam f22

· Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,388 Posts
^^^ i think so it looks badass too... itb's... the works

· Banned
4,859 Posts
well see i have an h22 motor dat im building but my f22 head is messing up and i have an extra h22 head dats why i was wondering.

y dont you just buy a nother f22 head and call it a day or just bild the f22 head can call it a day

· Registered
857 Posts

· X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
Bisimoto has one that puts down almost 475WHP N/A so, yeah probably so!! BUT, that is NOT a streetable motor :cry:
it is 17:1 cp ratio

as for the h22 head on f22b block it will but you have to also make a custom water pipe for it and more and likely it will leak not worth it and you can bore a f22 to 87mm

bisimoto.com

he can make custom cams or anything you want for the f22 for the right price

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCYuVEWd4kw&feature=related

he holds the fastest single cam record

· Registered
65 Posts

Erin
Well thats cool i guess if your time is worth nothing and you have the parts laying around. I personally have no desire to spend any amount of time putting something together that has a good chance of demolishing itself shortly thereafter.

And will somebody tell me where this 475whp Bisi dyno is coming from? I have read his posts,engine builds in magazines,spoke with him on honda tech and never once have i seen anywhere close to this figure. His engines no doubt make insane power and he is a very smart dude but the math doesn't work..especially in the realm of the cylinder head. apparently some don't realize the displacement and necessary airflow needed for those numbers.

And for the last guy...punch your STOCK f22 out to 87mm and let me know how that works out for you.

· Registered
857 Posts
Well thats cool i guess if your time is worth nothing and you have the parts laying around. I personally have no desire to spend any amount of time putting something together that has a good chance of demolishing itself shortly thereafter.

And will somebody tell me where this 475whp Bisi dyno is coming from? I have read his posts,engine builds in magazines,spoke with him on honda tech and never once have i seen anywhere close to this figure. His engines no doubt make insane power and he is a very smart dude but the math doesn't work..especially in the realm of the cylinder head. apparently some don't realize the displacement and necessary airflow needed for those numbers.

And for the last guy...punch your STOCK f22 out to 87mm and let me know how that works out for you.
Check the last issue of Honda Tuning...article in there on Bisi

And IF someone were to bore a F22 out to 87mm then it wouldn't be stock, or have stock parts in it, so how would that be possible?

· Registered
83 Posts
Bisimoto has one that puts down almost 475WHP N/A so, yeah probably so!! BUT, that is NOT a streetable motor :cry:
Check Hondatech there a thread about boosting stock and mildly built F-series the get some nice numbers on low boost better then a LS B18b.

And dude get your self a F22 head and if ya go n/a or boost you can't lose:D The F-series is the best single cam Honda ever built

· Registered
65 Posts
Check the last issue of Honda Tuning...article in there on Bisi

And IF someone were to bore a F22 out to 87mm then it wouldn't be stock, or have stock parts in it, so how would that be possible?
Selective reading owns this forum... The article says "460 hp" not whp..thats a huge difference. Most of his even fairly extreme builds net somewhere in the high 300 range. Honda doesn't make cylinder head that's going to support 475whp yet

Also if you read my very first post I went ahead and explained in case the original poster asked the question about increasing the bore on his f22 to the correct size what the consequence would be. Then FNEG randomly interjects "and you can bore a f22 to 87mm".

Sure you can!! but like the rest of this thread its completely off topic. If the guy had money to sleeve the POS thats a different story but if he's trying to do a band aid build to get a car running i highly doubt its option for him unfortunately.

· Registered
65 Posts
some1 try's to help out & give a lil info & u bash him!
your a real winner!
Please god tell me your kidding me and that is not directed at me.. Did you read my first post!! I answered about every freakin combination of the current question and any future one. All that has been done since then has get this thing COMPLETELY off topic as usual and spread a decent amount of misinformation

· X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
on the 87mm piston thing i never once said it was stable to do i was just stating that people have done it and it is possible
as for bisi's numbers it states "numbers in exceess of the 450hp mark" well i know it doesn't say whp but seeing as how he tunes his own car at his own shop and only has a dynapack i would imagine these numbers are whp but then again he might calculate his numbers as a rough estimate to the flywheel to keep his numbers on the down low
and back on topic why do you have to bore the motor out to 87mm??? because of the combustion chamber of the head is 87mm, if it was so unrelieable to do this then why is it a common swap to do the h23 head on a f22a block which is the same thing ,and that has been proven a good relieable swap time and time again. and b20 vtec setup is the other way around larger bore with smaller dish but yes some people do go the extra mile and get the chamber sized right to the bore but alot of people don't and it works fine for them. and as for the h22 head swap i don't think it's worth it but not because of the reasons that have been listed but because most people that have done it normally have coolant problems.
so how was there misinformation here???

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.