Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chicks dig a b.o.v. turbo it

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
shift_its an automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k - before i get too far into this: know that im gonna eventually do both.

by the end of the month i should have the cash together to either turbo the ka24de in my car, or finally do the manual swap (auto now) that ive been dyin to do since i bought the car.

my problem is for the moment i have to choose on one.

what do you guys think? my biggest gripe with the car is acceleration right now. i just cant get it off the line fast enough......

what would help me the most in that department? turbo or tranny swap????

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
Boost it and generate constant boost

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
Transmission first. It will feel much better without the slushbox.

·
WAT.biz
5,117 Posts
well personally i dont see how you have cash to do one OR the other. a transmission swap is significantly cheaper than a good turbo kit, so I'm just gonna leave it at that and say go ahead and do the transmission.

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
tranny

·
2JZ32Wut???
1,315 Posts
as much as i love boost... you gotta make that thing a 5 speed... it will be so much more fun with a 5 speed... and if you know your boosting it you might as well go ahead and upgrade your clutch and flywheel combo while you have the tranny out... i dont know how much power you plan on putting out once it is turboed but it would suck if you boosted it and stripped your clutch cause u had an automatic tranny and a oem clutch.... but these are all just sugestions

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure how much power the Nissan auto's can handle, but as much as I love boost, I'd say trans swap. Then slowly piece together a turbo kit. I'm sure there's a good amount of knowledge out there that it can be done for pretty cheap..

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
save your $$$$ and wate tell you git a good deal on a tranny and do thim both at once

·
You canNOT has!
383 Posts
5 speed swap hands down, costs aren't even the same. You should be able to do a swap for under $1000 easy. I doubt you're gonna boost it CORRECTLY for anything remotely that close.

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
^ I think Everett boosted his S14 for around a $1k with very good results.

·
3,579 Posts
spoolie said:
boosting a fucking nissan auto tranny....ftl
didn't I tell you to go back to wince you came

·
3,579 Posts
spoolie said:
go install a shit radio into a shittier car...and shut the fuck up bald headed ******...
haha rofl ,where have you been did you check out that speed demon milennia yet

·
International Administrator
9,621 Posts
ive been out of service for a week...and no i dont check out shit cars....so i didnt see the mazda.

·
Banned
4,858 Posts

·
shift_its an automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
boosted S14.5 said:
well personally i dont see how you have cash to do one OR the other. a transmission swap is significantly cheaper than a good turbo kit, so I'm just gonna leave it at that and say go ahead and do the transmission.

true that one costs more than the other. if i did the tranny swap i was thinkin of fixin my a/c (blew the condeser) at the same time and maybe puttin some money back.

im not talkin about a super badass turbo here either...i was thinkin of a "starter setup" decent gear moderately tuned as the stock ecu would allow and no intercooler to start with. something that i could upgrade though.

and yeah - the stock tranny from what ive been told will handle somethin like that fine. its my understanding that its the exact same tranny the silvias and skylines have when they are auto, so if the sr's and rb's aint hurting them then i imagine my modest setup would be safe.

my only question really is if a modest turbo setup like the one i described be better for accleration than just doin the swap. im leaning more toward a manual swap because i can also fix my a/c, but if the power would be better with the turbo ill roll with the windows open a couple more months............

1 - 20 of 27 Posts