Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a usb external hard drive at least 1TB, what would be best for me, all i store on it is music and pictures, hardly any videos. I think i have narrowed it down to Seagate FreeAgent, Western Digital My book edition, and Hatachi. Which one is the best, or is there better out there for the money, im looking to spend less than $200.

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
theyre all the same shit, but with different software - i dont even install the software

·
Registered
954 Posts
Seagate FTW! It's a very well known brand, and is known to last longer than western digital and more durable. Seagate>any hard drive.

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
same here....i grab what ever is on sale and dont use the supplied software...i have 2tb's of external in movies.

·
m0derator dater
1,635 Posts
i always use maxtor
its cheap for a name brand and reliable as hell

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Western Digital is GREAT for Internal and External HD's.

I have 2 500GB's raided together on this rig along with 2 1TB EHD's (both made from WD as well).

In all honesty, it doesn't matter the company, 'cause I've never EVER heard of EHD failures/issues with any company...

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Get a LaCie. They typically have Samsung or Seagate Drives in them. I have 2, both with Samsungs. One I occasionally backpack (carry around with me) and it gets thrown around and keeps runnin like a champ.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
eg6l0l said:
i always use maxtor
its cheap for a name brand and reliable as hell
And Maxtor is pure shit by the way. I know Seagate owns them now but I'll never use another again. Cheap is exactly whats wrong with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts