Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check it out it, they have a few designs but its an amazing setup

these motors get like crazy HP and Torque and Insane MPG

don't quote me on this but if I remember right their 2.4 liter motor is getting about 350HP and around 175 torque and close to 50 MPG

http://www.revetec.com/

do you guys think that this is where the automotive world will be one day

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow that is crazy..

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's about like the quasi-turbine engine... both are neat engineering projects but from a practical standpoint you can't do much with it. Same can be said for the 6 stroke engine...

·
Casey
2,027 Posts
its not the engine designs slowing down the industry, its the transmissions. ive read in several different magazines that the technology in the speed of automatic transmissions has reached the limit. just simply cant make it shift any faster

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
i can only imagine the damage to be done if that thing got out of time.

·
Registered
398 Posts
revetech is the win, ill be interested to see when the real testing and retro fitting happens ie how far it goes before it breaks.

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
:thumbdown: I see very little in the way of actual mechanical advantage and some aspects that are definitely worse. The rotors/cams are only replacing the crankshaft, which was already not moving in a reciprocating motion. The pistons are applying an offset load to the rotors...certainly not the most effective way of generating power. I very highly doubt their claim of it being easier and cheaper to assemble. You could duplicate any advantage they claim by making a long stroke, roller bearing conventional piston engine. At best, they've copied opposed or radial engines with a less effective design. No thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts