Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of projector halos for a 92-95 eg and they came with this wiring harness for them with fuses in line and some relays on it. my question is what is the purpose this wiring harness because the stock head light plug plugs into them and the halos wire strait to constant 12v(or atleast that is what the guy said to me to do with them) and on this set there is an additional turn signal on them that wires into the existing turn signal. right now i have them installed and wired up with the stock plugs and they work fine, will this damage them and blow bulbs or fuse in the long run??

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
FNEG said:
i have a set of projector halos for a 92-95 eg and they came with this wiring harness for them with fuses in line and some relays on it. my question is what is the purpose this wiring harness because the stock head light plug plugs into them and the halos wire strait to constant 12v(or atleast that is what the guy said to me to do with them) and on this set there is an additional turn signal on them that wires into the existing turn signal. right now i have them installed and wired up with the stock plugs and they work fine, will this damage them and blow bulbs or fuse in the long run??
Well first off, I would trash those things just because of the ricer effect it gives you and your car.

BUT... I'll help you out anyways... if you are going to wire the lights yourself, you need to connect it to a SWITCHED 12v source... not a constant. Otherwise, the lights will always be on. And the fuses and relays that are on it are for the HALOS themselves, not the actual headlight, right?

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i now it is rice but to me they are nice(white rapper)
lol
no the relayes are for the headlight harnes they hook up the the battery then hit the in line fuses then go to the relays then go to the headlights and the factory plug plugs into the harness antd the plug on the harness plugs into the headlight then it goes to the driver side and plugs into the other one and the factor plug just sit there and doesn't go to anything. and there is a relay on the halo and it does turn off when the car is on , i think it works like a ct and opens the contact under load then closes the contact when it doesn't have any load. i will take pics and post them up tomorrow

·
n00b
695 Posts
adding bulbs to a circuit will cause problems. when you add to a parallel circuit, it drops the total resistance of the entire lighting circuit. when resistance goes down, amperage goes up. when you raise the amperage too high on a specific circuit that wasnt designed for that much current, youre going to burn things up. so basically, by adding bulbs, youre gonna blow fuses. halos are a bad idea unless the car was designed for them or you rewire the car specifically for them.

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks right now the halos aren't hooked up just the headlights and i tried that harness and itt kept blowing fuses so i pulled out the fluke and checked it for continuity and there is a short on it so now it is time to locate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts