Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 1995 GSR. When I got it home I noticed that the low beams didnt work but the highs did. and that the turn signals didnt work but you could push the flashers and they would work. I have checked all the fuses and today I bought a new headlight switch just in case but that didnt fix my problem either. There arent any bumper lights in the car if that makes a difference for the blinkers ( not sure if it would or not ). If anyone has had this trouble before or knows something else i could try PLEASE help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
You possibly could have a wiring problem? I have a similar issue, about 3-4 weeks ago I picked up my 240 and the only beams are high, when i turn on the lights it says my brights are on, and then when I click the lever for the lights back it doesnt hold, and only turns off one of my lights. Yet I do have the kouki front end so maybe it was wired wrong. And my backlights have a short, and my reverse lights dont work but the bulbs are fine. My suggestion has been to take my car to Nissan, which I haven't had time to lately, but yea the only thing I know to check would be shorts, wiring, fuses, and bulbs. Sorry if that wasn't much help tho lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its cool Ive tossed the idea of wiring troubles around as well but am hoping there is some other options before it gets to that

·
Registered
954 Posts
I completely understand, yet since I got good grades my parents were gonna give me a little bit to take mine to Nissan and have them check everything out, I just hope it doesn't come down to the point where I have to spend a lot for them to completely re-wire mine, considering my power mirrors and stuff don't work, =(.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Havent replaced relays yet. Will try this afternoon when I get off work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only relay/fuse i could see under the hood was a big 50a marked LIGHT which was good... I dont have any bumper lights on the car as of yet. so there isnt any bulbs or anything on the plugs for them. could this be my problem? stupid question im sure but im not a wiring wiz and didnt know if it would matter..

·
Diesel Dick
2,883 Posts
It could be.. I know if you take bulbs out/have a blown bulb that the lights rest of the blinkers will malfunction..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
going to try it out tomorrow..hopefully it will work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts