Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
spoolie said:
plastix will look good for about 3 days...then hazy again...look at my tegs lights next time....wetsand and clear coat ftmfw!!!11!!!

your car is beautiful <3

·
Team IDR President
35 Posts
I've heard of wetsanding, and the plast-x. The truth is that plastx is just a wax. it'll look good, but like Venom5 said, It's good for surface dirt, it doesn't really do anything for the lens unless it's just dirt.

I'm having the same problem. My headlights were perfectly clear until I stopped taking care of them, now I'm regretting it and am now working my hardest until I can get them back to hazeless. to prevent hazing, when you wax the car just hit the headlights as well.

to fix it, buff it with a foam pad back to their clear selves. if it is worse and doesn't do so well, then wetsand, then buff. all the surface yellowing and hazing is corrosion due to sunlight and minerals eating at the plastic of the headlight. sometimes you just have to take a layer of your clear plastic away to get back to the luster it once had. when you buff it, you melt the top layer and mix it to blend in all of the scratches you created with the sanding.

Sorry for the long post.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.