Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer just went down pretty much and I do have the setup disk, but
I will lose everything on my computer!!! How do I do it so I dont lose all my stuff.

The error says this.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\windows\system32\config\system
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh well Im just gonna use my Windows XP Professional Recovery CD
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, oh well now I have a fresh computer....with no pictures or PS3 or nothing
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shit shit shit shit shit.......I lost....everything. OMG
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it says on the boot screen that I still have two XP Professional things to boot from.

I have followed everything exactly as is said
and just when I was getting the recovery console to come up it said that
viamraid.sys is missing or something so the recovery console won't start up. The version
that is not messed up and I just installed is super slow and my computer is running like crap even though
nothing is installed. I want to recover all my files because the other day I did a full system back up and system state.

My laptop that is like 6 years older than my Desktop is running a ton faster
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,719 Posts
umcool911ok said:
Well it says on the boot screen that I still have two XP Professional things to boot from.
If this is true the old files are still on your computer, under that partition, and they should be under the "username" and located in the same directory.
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ZacCarter said:
umcool911ok said:
Well it says on the boot screen that I still have two XP Professional things to boot from.
If this is true the old files are still on your computer, under that partition, and they should be under the "username" and located in the same directory.

If I try to boot up from the older one I get the error that same error I posted up in the
top. The only way to get it fixed is to get Recovery console open and it wont open because it cant find
a raid file
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,719 Posts
umcool911ok said:
ZacCarter said:
umcool911ok said:
Well it says on the boot screen that I still have two XP Professional things to boot from.
If this is true the old files are still on your computer, under that partition, and they should be under the "username" and located in the same directory.

If I try to boot up from the older one I get the error that same error I posted up in the
top. The only way to get it fixed is to get Recovery console open and it wont open because it cant find
a raid file
You should be able to access the old partition from the new one. It should just be listed as a drive. Did you format it when you installed windows again?
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ZacCarter said:
umcool911ok said:
ZacCarter said:
umcool911ok said:
Well it says on the boot screen that I still have two XP Professional things to boot from.
If this is true the old files are still on your computer, under that partition, and they should be under the "username" and located in the same directory.

If I try to boot up from the older one I get the error that same error I posted up in the
top. The only way to get it fixed is to get Recovery console open and it wont open because it cant find
a raid file
You should be able to access the old partition from the new one. It should just be listed as a drive. Did you format it when you installed windows again?
No I dont think I formatted it, but it might be a diff drive now. Ill see if I can access it otherwise I need
to get it fixed or somehow get Recovery Console to work
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,719 Posts
umcool911ok said:
ZacCarter said:
umcool911ok said:
ZacCarter said:
umcool911ok said:
Well it says on the boot screen that I still have two XP Professional things to boot from.
If this is true the old files are still on your computer, under that partition, and they should be under the "username" and located in the same directory.

If I try to boot up from the older one I get the error that same error I posted up in the
top. The only way to get it fixed is to get Recovery console open and it wont open because it cant find
a raid file
You should be able to access the old partition from the new one. It should just be listed as a drive. Did you format it when you installed windows again?
No I dont think I formatted it. I just installed Windows XP and have the new one
Then you just have a new partition. Your stuff is still there.
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I found all my program files, but everything else is just gone. Everything that was in My Documents is gone.

Right now the computer is running really laggy and freezing up. (im on my old laptop)
 

·
Drives
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ZacCarter said:
Not backing up files on dvd or second hardrive... PWNAGE1!1!1
Well everything is working its just that the computer is running so crappy.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top