Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

here it is, 1987 mitsubishi starion

9K views 75 replies 30 participants last post by  19cturbo 
#1 ·
i have a 1987 mitsubishi starion with the 2.6l turbo rwd with a lsd under the back, the car is not stock and has a pretty built motor, just a few steps from getting the multiport injection on and getting rid of the tb... but anyway here it is...

thats is for now, ill get more when i clean it up a bit...

See less See more
#15 ·
Are you locted in Columbia? Im pretty sure I saw you in Columbia one day on Bear creek,
I wasnt in my gsx, I was in my g/f car.

#16 ·
nope deffinately my daily... drive it everywhere.... love it to much to let it sit at the house.... ive been seen in it alot... the only time i drive the truck is to haul some shit... lol...

#18 ·
not from colombia.... lol.. 400 whp will be under full boost, not worried about fuel economy... only the fun of it.... i have a dual stage boost controller, i can set it to what i want then stock... so fuel wont be to bad... i dont give it emortal hell anyway...

#19 ·
Ah, ok. I am only shooting for around 250whp in my 7 because my fuel economy sucks and I like to go on hour long drives on a regular basis. Right now with about 200whp I am getting about 16highway/10city, but a few things in my tune aren't right so hopefully I can get it a little better :D

#21 ·
85rx-7gsl-se said:
Ah, ok. I am only shooting for around 250whp in my 7 because my fuel economy sucks and I like to go on hour long drives on a regular basis. Right now with about 200whp I am getting about 16highway/10city, but a few things in my tune aren't right so hopefully I can get it a little better :D
get somthing with pistons and you wont hafto worry about it 10mpg with only 250whp is terrible

#23 ·
StatixNWH said:
85rx-7gsl-se said:
get somthing with pistons and you wont hafto worry about it 10mpg with only 250whp is terrible
I have to agree with the 10mpg and 250whp thing. That's horrible I hate driving my car since it gets about the same amount of gas millage but I make more power than that. Can it not be tuned better to get better fuel economy? I'm hoping to get better than stock after my tune which is possible. Gas prices are too high to be driving around like this.

#26 ·
AznTwins said:
StatixNWH said:
85rx-7gsl-se said:
I have to agree with the 10mpg and 250whp thing. That's horrible I hate driving my car since it gets about the same amount of gas millage but I make more power than that. Can it not be tuned better to get better fuel economy? I'm hoping to get better than stock after my tune which is possible. Gas prices are too high to be driving around like this.
Honestly, once my ignition gets sorted out, I will probably be closer to 13 city/18 highway. Part of my problem is a tiny ass turbo that is next to impossible to keep outta the boost. To get to 40mph and stay outta the boost while doing that takes about 15 seconds probably. Plus, even with a fully ported wastegate and a 7lb spring, the car will boost creep as high as 19psi :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.