TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BA4 BB4 Junkie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who to talk to about playing? Tired calling both rinks and they were not to helpful. I'm a goaltender for those who need one. Any pick up / rat hockey games around town?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm actually on a team at both rinks. I'll make sure, but I'm pretty sure we need a full-time goalie for my team in cool springs. do you have a USA hockey ID? we've been getting hassled for bringing in non USA hockey players, but we're still like 2-3-2...ya stupid. just because Martin Gelinas played with us for our first game, doesn't mean we're bringing in former Stanley Cup winners for every game.

·
BA4 BB4 Junkie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of USA Hockey until I got here. None of the million rinks in Chicago had anything to do with it but a banner here and there and were happy as can be when a goaltender was there.

I need some ID with this USA Hockey ehh? I'm up for playing. Is there rat games or s&P times anywhere around here on the weekend? Or am I better driving to Lexington or Cincy?

·
Registered
414 Posts
ya USA hockey is complete BS, and everybody involved with the organization thinks it'll help the Nashville/TN area to become more hockey oriented....kind of hard to do that with only 2 places to go for ice in middle TN...if not all of TN, I think Knoxville has one, since UT has a hockey team. but goto agamesportssplex.com and http://www.nashville.gov/sportsplex/ice_hockey_leagues.asp. A-Game is the USA hockey joint, and centennial doesn't care much who you are as long as you pay...but definitely put yourself on both goalie lists. the goalie situation for our A-Game is never really in stone during the NHL season. so we could definitely use a full-time goalie, but I'll to talk to the captain.

and ya, you would have to sign up with USA hockey. you have to pay to join each year, then you gotta pay league fees on top of that. and as long as somebody has a USA hockey #, they can play on whatever team in whichever level they want. That's how we got Martin Gelinas to play for us on our season opener, hehehe. but he is no longer allowed to play with our team...sadness.

and A-Game has a ton of S&P during the summer, but during hockey season there is really only breakfast club. breakfast club is every friday from 6am-8am and they have breakfast out in the lobby round 7-70ish for everyone to munch on. Centennial's S&P schedule sucks, because you have to get in line to play like an hour before it's scheduled to start....ya

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
Way to bump an old thread...... Now go bump you cougar thread NOW!!!

·
Dorito Drifter
3,539 Posts
I made a hockey thread a while back, but this one works too. I want to get back into it badly but cant find a show up and play league around here that plays on weekdays.

·
Smooth Balls
784 Posts
I work at a-game. They have open hockey everyday around lunch time and usually a couple times a week after dinner.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I thought I was the only person on here that played. Sw3lude moved away so I never really posted anything about hockey. And since the ford ice arena is opening up in a couple do months, might be more opportunities for some open hockey

·
Registered
414 Posts
They've got two open sessions tonight at 5 for A/B leaguers, and 715 for C/D leaguers at Agame sportsplex in cool springs.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
Bump motherfuckers!!! My brand new pair of CCM skates came in and I can't wait to get on the ice. If you suckaz haven't been to Ford Ice Center yet it's wowzaz!! I've been going almost every weekend for a couple months to brush up on my skating. No FGTs I'm not a goalie.

·
Resident Douchebag
14,287 Posts
Bump motherfuckers!!! My brand new pair of CCM skates came in and I can't wait to get on the ice. If you suckaz haven't been to Ford Ice Center yet it's wowzaz!! I've been going almost every weekend for a couple months to brush up on my skating. No FGTs I'm not a goalie.
Are you the Zamboni?

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
I know you can do better...

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
Ok enough with the fat jokes I already have a complex about my size so I do stuff to keep my mind off it it......

Like eat a big bowl of Pho.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
Lolz

·
Dorito Drifter
3,539 Posts
on a serious note I was actually thinking about bringing my skates to the new ford ice center and checking it out. heard it was super nice, and I would like to get back out there asap!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts