Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm 100% sure. Gunnar racing has a history with HR1, they restored it in '01. 103 was unrestored as of 2012

Mechanical details that (currently) distinguish HR1 from 103 include the louvered front arches, wider intercooler hump that extends further forward, no turbo inlet on right side of hump, no heatshield for the exhaust on the rear deck, openings in the side windows.

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Bam!

·
FABRICATOR
2,379 Posts
Great shots. I have been going to vintage events since I was little with my dad. Been to the Mitty many, many times. One of the better vintage events out there. I like how HSR allows somewhat newer cars to run.
My boss's friend when I lived in Cali has owned multiple 962's as well. He even had a couple of the carbon tub cars.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks for the correction. Google can be extremely inconsistent.
Heck, the cars themselves were inconsistent. If you look through the galleries of 103 and HR1 on racingsportscars.com the bodywork and sponsor decals on each was different almost every race.

·
Stuff.
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great shots. I have been going to vintage events since I was little with my dad. Been to the Mitty many, many times. One of the better vintage events out there. I like how HSR allows somewhat newer cars to run.
My boss's friend when I lived in Cali has owned multiple 962's as well. He even had a couple of the carbon tub cars.
I'm not really sure how I'd never known about it. For such a great event you'd think it would be more popular outside of the historic racing circle.

Heck, the cars themselves were inconsistent. If you look through the galleries of 103 and HR1 on racingsportscars.com the bodywork and sponsor decals on each was different almost every race.
I know what you mean. It seems like there were also A LOT more one-off liveries for big races.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts